Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

track you ovulation and that to know when it's ok to have sex and when to be careful? like the body temp things, the ever so-and-so wee you ovulate to be careful, etc. i hate b/c and i would ike to figure out how to do more natural ways. thank you so mcuh!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:32 AM

IDK, but I know people do- BUMP!

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:41 AM

there are several ways...one way is to buy an ovulation predictor kit(but thats usually when you are trying for a baby)

you are trying to prevent? and use the family planning method? first thing..plan on either abstaining or using 2-3 forms of contraceptive while you are creating your charts

you can read more about it HERE

you need what is called a basal body thermometer

you are supposed to take your temp with this FIRST thing in the morning..before even getting out of bed. with this you create a chart and when you ovulate, your basal body temp will rise(and you will know to not have sex on those days)

i sort of used the FPM, but never as in depth as what you will hear or read about...my cycle is usual spot on. when i get my period(well, before i got my IUD) i KNEW that in 28 days id get my period again...usually you ovulate at the midpoint of your cycle(so for those of us who have 'normal' cycles..thats usually CD 14)

i can try to answer more specific questions you may have..but above is the gist of what i THINK you are asking about

Brays-mama
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:45 AM

I use a website call mymonthlycycle.com  it tracks your periods for you. all you have to do is enter the date you start it and down the side it will tell you when your next period is due. And when you should be ovulating. It was dead on for me cuz my son was born 9 months later. I didn't realize it till I found out that I was expecting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)