Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blood pressure question???

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I took my blood pressure tonight

and it was 98 over 60.

we took it on three different times on two different machines and it was always right around the same pressure.

My MIL freaked out and said that is too low and I need to go see a doc on Monday because SOMETHING must be wrong?

I feel totally find

anyone know what counts as dangerous and when I should be concerned

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
romanceparty4u
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM

There is nothing wrong with a blood pressure of 98/60 in a normal healthy adult. Unless you have other symptoms such as lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting.

This is actually a good blood pressure. Nothing to be worked up over.

DyerMaker
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM

don't worry about it, as long as you are feeling fine. If you feel dizzy, or have fainting spells, THEN talk to your doc. 98/60 is on the low range of normal blood pressure, but there are a lot of people who will read lower and have no symptoms and are just fine. I am one of those people with low numbers.

ILoveMyJason
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Like the others said, it's a perfectly fine and normal blood pressure for a healthy adult. Mine is normally very low like that.

lundaylove
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

its on the low end of normal. mine is usually that low but not that low. more like 110/70

threeeunder3
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM

it is on the low side but it is not dangerously low. Some people have natural lower blood pressure. Also have you been sick recently? dehydrated? Medication?

jrp0606
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM

nope not sick or anything - i feel perfectly fine and healthy my MIL is still freaking out

she thinks i'm "hypertensive"

romanceparty4u
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Hypertensive is high blood pressure, which is not safe. Hypotensive is low blood pressure, which may or may not be ok, depending on the symptoms.

I would worry about a person who just had a car accident and was bleeding that had a low blood pressure, or a person who was dizzy or complaining of chest pain, or palpitations. Low blood pressure is only bad when there is a problem associated with it. It's probably perfectly normal for you. Mine was always close to 90/60.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)