Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online Dating Advice?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi my name is Maria and I'm new to this site and this group so I'm introducing myself. I'm 19 and a mother to a two year old boy named Marcus. He's stubborn and loves Thomas and Cars. His father passed away when he was 4 months so I've been just willy nilly about meeting a guy if they came along great if not then oh well and a year ago I met this great guy online on Mocospace. Which isnt really a dating site but more or a mobile myspace and he's just what I've always wanted though downside he's in TX and I'm in AZ and my family is definitely against meeting someone online. So they dont know I'm still talking to him and he's coming in Apr for about a week or so and I dont know what really to do I'm kinda stuck. I want my family to know how great he is but I dont need their drama about how I met him online.. anyone got any tips on how to make this Drama FREE?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM

You are 19 years old... you shouldn't need the internet for dating. If they feel strongly about it then no, there is no way to make it drama free... if he seems THAT good he's probably not. Honestly. Just be careful.

lowrider08
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM

The best advice, don't do it!

JustKristy78
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:29 PM

BUMP! 

arianaxangel23
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I have met quite a few guys online.  I actually met my fiance through an online dating site.  Just be honest through out it all with your family.  You are an adult.  And good luck.

alwayscarolina
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Honestly, I've met guys online who were prefectly normal and I've met others who were complete psychos. But.. I've also met guys just around town who were prefectly normal and I met one guy when I worked at Olan Mills who I was with for a year and turned out to be a psycho and beat the hell out of me. I say go for it, love happens in the strangest places and you never know. However, I would NOT let him stay with you.. make him stay in a hotel and always be around (or at least near) someone when he's there and always make sure someone knows where you are and have them call to check in on you often.. just in case. There will be drama, that's what most families do.. they bring drama to stuff like that.  Hell even introduce him to your family at first so they can grill him.. families always know when someone sucks at first!

Mariaelena322
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Haha Thats what I plan on doing! I want them to grill all the questions they want out of him!

dreamer_8291
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Well I'll start off my saying that I met my boyfriend on Myspace. He is the only guy that I went by myself to meet for the first time. He just seemed different than other guys that I've talked to or met online. Any other guy I met in person I would bring a friend or two with me, just in case. lol If you really like this guy and he seems real in everything then I say meet him. Tell your family that you are meeting him and if it doesn't work out so be it. Then you'll know it really wasn't meant to be. You are an adult, you can make your own decisions. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!

Mariaelena322
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Your right Dreamer :)

alwayscarolina
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I remet (is that even a word) my boyfriend on Facebook.  We dated in HS and then lost contact for 8 years and then reconnected (better word) on Facebook.  So, I'm not knocking it for sure! Just becareful cause there are some crazies out there!

Mariaelena322
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Yes very true.. I work with a lot of crazies too so.. I think I'm still in danger in real life as in online..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)