Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!!!!16 month old.. high fever.. cold hands and feet ?????

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Sunday afternoon my 16 month old developed a 101 fever. All day Tuesday it went from 102-104 up and down all day long. Now today it has been 101-104.. His feet are very very cold and have a purple tint to them.

The only other thing wrong with him, is that he has had a runny nose for 2 weeks now. It is clear drainage.   I tried making him a appt. They have NO open spots.. Imagine that huh? Iam going to take him to the ER if he does not get any better soon.

Has anyone delt with cold feet and high temp before?

** I have been giving him meds for his temp. Also when it gets way high I will put him in a luke warm tub.

We took him to the ER Wed evening. He had pneumonia. They admitted him and we were discharged today. I was told that the reason his feet were turning purple was b/c of the atopic dermatitis and the high fever. He has been in antibiotics for two days now through iv and he has more to take while we are here at home.

by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Yes and Roseola is going around.  It is 3-4 days hi fever then when the fever breaks they get a rash.  It doesn't itch and the red spots arent raised.  That also stays 2-3 days.  It is a virus that affects children 6 months to 2 years.  of course call yopur Pedi but i thought I would give you this info and you can see if it fits.  Hope LO feels better soon  Problem is you don't know for sure until rash comes.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_roseola_10885.bc

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 17, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I would assume that it would be part of the chills... IDK, mama, bump.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 17, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Yes and Roseola is going around.  It is 3-4 days hi fever then when the fever breaks they get a rash.  It doesn't itch and the red spots arent raised.  That also stays 2-3 days.  It is a virus that affects children 6 months to 2 years.  of course call yopur Pedi but i thought I would give you this info and you can see if it fits.  Hope LO feels better soon  Problem is you don't know for sure until rash comes.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_roseola_10885.bc

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 3:02 PM

It CAN be a symptom of meningitis. It can be a symptom of other things as well, but Id def. take him to the ER if it doesn't get better soon. 

kristinaleann
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Thanks ladies.. Me and Dh decided that we are going to go ahead and take him to ER.. I will update:)

kryysteez
by Member on Mar. 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Has he been vaccinated in the past 3 weeks?  If so, hes having a BAD REACTION, so delay any future ones till his immune system can handle it.

wright1212
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Runny noses can cause a stomach infection. My son threw up and high fever to find out he has swallowed to much mucos. It can be several things. I have always read to try NOT to give medicine for fever unless they are in pain or just 1x a day so they can eat and play a little. The fever is trying to fight something and every time its reduce with meds that thing its fighting can last longer. Just give lots and lots of fluids like water and gatorade. If over 2 after 3 days of fever its time for doctor. I personally would go to childrens hospital or urgent care rather than ER where exposure to many viruses is likely. Keep us posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured