Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

mineral oil to help poop?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

My doc told me to try mineral oil to help my lo to poop. Has anyone else tried this? I have been giving it to her for 3 days no and have seen no improvement, i think i might try something else

by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I haven't tried it but i have heard it works.  How old is LO?  Eating solids yet?

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 18, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I haven't tried it but i have heard it works.  How old is LO?  Eating solids yet?

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

tr83angel
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Shes almost 2. I think i might try mirolax tomorrow.

OliviasMom0306
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM

My sister had a bowel obstruction.  It wasn't completely blocked so they choose to try Mineral oil first to see if it would lessen it, or remove it.....it worked, it took awhile(and by awhile I mean, over a year....it was a long drawn out process but the surgery risk was to much because it wasn't causing any health concerns at the time).  I would just watch how much you give and how often, because once she starts...it may be a bit before she stops.  Good luck!

Sisteract
by Member on Mar. 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Yes, I had to use Mineral oil for my daughter. It worked pretty quickly. It worked better for her than the Miralax-

momofne
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

The only problem with using mineral oil is it keeps nutrients from entering the body so I wouldn't recommend it over a large period of time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)