Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adjusting car seat straps - importan please read........

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 13 Replies

this has come up a couple times in the car seat safety group so I wanted to post it here.

A lot of people are complaining about having problems with one strap being longer than the other

or

even more scarily the harness coming off the splitter plate. (it shouldn't do it ever but it does happen)

the number one reason things like this happen is when parents adjust the straps one at a time...

so please when you are loosening the harness straps - grab both of them together and pull them together.

if you are having problems with one strap being "longer" than the other pull the harness ALL the way out then tighten it all the way back down and that usually fixes the problem - double check and make sure that everything is still connected like it should be on the back of the seat too...

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marilyn623
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM

what is a splitter plate?

BaileynMe
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Quoting marilyn623:

what is a splitter plate?

That's what I was wondering.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Mama2ETA
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

the metal piece that holds the shoulder straps on the back of the carseat i believe

jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Yes it is - thank you for translating for me lol
Quoting Mama2ETA:

the metal piece that holds the shoulder straps on the back of the carseat i believe

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

Mama2ETA
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

no problem. lol and for the others, its usually located in the middle to the bottom of the carseat, not at the top even though it holds the shoulder straps.

Quoting jrp0606:

Yes it is - thank you for translating for me lol
Quoting Mama2ETA:

cmtjenn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Thanks that is very usefull

jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM
Bump
Sparkyfire
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Im so glad my car seat has one strap you pull that adjusts both straps!

MommaBunch84
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM

bump

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2010 at 12:03 AM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)