Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The pediatritcian is driving us nuts!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

I will admit my son has a few health issues. He has an undecented teste and had jaundice. He's also small for his age but proportunite. He's taking after my growth pattern.

Well the pedi he sees is starting to iritate me. She wanted an U/S about his teste, now she wants him to see a urologist. I would have no problem with these tests. If he wasn't only 10 months old.

She now wants him tested for CF because of his size. No one in eaither side of our family has CF. both sides are kinda small. when i point this out to her she ignores me!

She also told us he can't have his tippy cup anymore or any water at all. He takes 4 bottles a day and solid foods. None of this makes sense to me an seems like the pedi is just tryin to get our insurence provider's money!

Its state coverage btw. in oklahoma its called soonercare. Is there anything I can do? she wont listen to me when i tell her NO we dont want a CF test or NO we dont agree w that.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cynthje
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Change doctors! for some reason a lot of doctors just dont want to accept that there are smaller kids out there without there being anything wrong with them

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I don't see what's so wrong with the sippy cup..

What is CF?

I wouldn't worry about it, just change doctors.

Sparkyfire
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:24 AM

this is the one the insurence has as there Pedi on listings. but i am calling his caseworker today to get it fixed!

Quoting Cynthje:

Change doctors! for some reason a lot of doctors just dont want to accept that there are smaller kids out there without there being anything wrong with them

Sparkyfire
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:25 AM

cystic fibrosis, and me either. hes had a sippy cup for about 4 months now ontop of his regular bottles.

Quoting carterscutie85:

What is CF?

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Don't worry about it. It sounds like she's trying to milk the insurance. My son's half brother from his dad is really tiny, in fact he is 6 now and some of the clothes he wore when he was like 2 and 3 fit my 11 month old son now! And there is nothing wrong with him at all, some kids are just small.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

cystic fibrosis, and me either. hes had a sippy cup for about 4 months now ontop of his regular bottles.

Quoting carterscutie85:

What is CF?

Sparkyfire
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM

thank you. I'm not worried i'm just pissed off an dont know what I can do.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Don't worry about it. It sounds like she's trying to milk the insurance. My son's half brother from his dad is really tiny, in fact he is 6 now and some of the clothes he wore when he was like 2 and 3 fit my 11 month old son now! And there is nothing wrong with him at all, some kids are just small.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

Quoting carterscutie85:

What is CF?

itsmesteph11
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

This woman is the Pedi not god.  Please jstop complaining just make an appointment for a different dr.  and stop using her.  Don't inform her of your decision , just do whatever it takes and switch. 

bellaamore
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I would call the number on the back of the card and ask for alist of available PCPs be sent to you.  When you get the list, call around asking questions and see who sounds like what you like the most- AND KEEP THE LIST JUST IN CASE.  Then, when you have decided on a new doctor, call the PCP and get them to change it for you.

I would not deal with her.  I would also alert the people that send the list about the physician milking the system, as that is crazy bad and watseful of available funds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)