Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Disenfectic my whole house?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter has pinworms and the doctors tip was to disenfectic my whole house to minimize the chance of reaccurance.....I need to know how to do that without ruining things...My daughter toys, bedding and wipping down everything!

Thanks for your help!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:06 AM

I would EVERYTHING down with lysol or even hand sanitizer... Wash all of your linens with the hottest water tolerated and bleach! If you can't use regular bleach, use the bleach for colors.. I just had to disinfect due to the fact that my puppy had Parvo... Lysol id safe to use on furniture and stuff so...

jennypinfargo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Wow, I feel sorry for you that really has to suck!!  I don't have much advice for you but you could try using a steamer on the carpet and bed and stuff.  Put everything in the washer that you can.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Put what you can in the washer. Wipe down everything else with a cloth dampened in lysol solution or other disinfectant. Soak what toys you can in a bleach solution.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I am thinking that probably your little one got the worms from the outside, so she'll still be exposed to them. Try to keep her from putting her hands in her mouth, or at least to wash them before she does.

teachmichele825
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM

We steamed the carpets and walls as well as our beds, sofas and the crib mattress. I wiped down everything with a bleach solution (1/4 cup bleach to 1 gallon water). All of his toys got soaked in bleach water, or washed in the washer as well as all of the clothing.

We didn't have any illness, I was just in a spring cleaning mood. It's a good idea to clean your house like this anyways a few times a year.

iluvmy2pumpkins
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I would take everything to the laundry mat. Get everything washed and dried at once. maybe steam clean the carpets and even the car. Wipe everything down with bleach or lysol. good luck. My son got scabies when he was in daycare a few years ago and the was a pain! Even the stuffed animals had to be washed.

Zuzy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Yes do all Bleach, Steam,Lysol and put things in black bags (toys,cloth,beding all that will fit in large black bags) to quarantin,enforced isolation of people or animals that may have been exposed to a contagious or infectious disease, good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)