Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DENTIST VISIT.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM
  • 15 Replies

My sons are two and three. They have NEVER been to the dentisit. I have tried calling every dentist from here to three hours away! None of them take medicaid!! Im getting so upset! Everytime I go to the medicaid office I NEVER get to talk to a REAL person! Its always machines. it drives me crazy!!! Is it THAT bad they havent been to the dentist? Im still on a journey to find one!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CullenLover
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM

no, its hard finding a dentist that will take medicaid. we have been down that road as well. and it;'s hard finding one and keeping one. GL.

CANDYLC
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Call the number on the back of your card they can find you a dentist in your area. Good luck

tkarstens
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM

How do their teeth look to you? Just make sure they are both brushing and flossing at least 2 times a day. I am a dental assistant, Some kids dont go to their first visit until 3 even though reccomended "first" visit is 2. I would call the number on the back of your card and ask them to find you an office.

mommyslove0607
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Their teeth look fine. we dont floss (can i floss a two and three yr old?) but they brush their teeth twice a day.

I have called the number on the back.. only to be directed to all different types of numbers and machines.. its exhausting!

Quoting tkarstens:

How do their teeth look to you? Just make sure they are both brushing and flossing at least 2 times a day. I am a dental assistant, Some kids dont go to their first visit until 3 even though reccomended "first" visit is 2. I would call the number on the back of your card and ask them to find you an office.

AudrasMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM

You should really be flossing.  My daughter has spaces in between her teeth that I'm sure the brush reaches but I still floss.  My niece didn't floss and she just had to have surgery for cavities (be put under) and the dentist sad she needs to be flossing.  She was 3 at the time and brushed her teeth morning and night.

As for the card...isn't it such a bitch?  I've been in that situation for regula dr.'s so I can only imagine dentist wise.  If there is a number on the back of the card, call it and see what can be done with that...othe than that i have no idea.

Quoting mommyslove0607:

Their teeth look fine. we dont floss (can i floss a two and three yr old?) but they brush their teeth twice a day.

I have called the number on the back.. only to be directed to all different types of numbers and machines.. its exhausting!

Quoting tkarstens:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I hate that too. We have Healthy Families, and you have to get a REFERRAL to a ped dentist. HELLO! It's insurance FOR kids, it should just be automatic to go to ped dentists! DUMB!

dosthepost
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM

My doc says they don't send kids to the dentist unless they have problems until about 3. Then they give us referrals to dentists that take our insurance... we have private insurance... it's harder to find a damn dentist to take THAT than it is to find one that takes medicaid. Ask your pedi for a referral.

mommyslove0607
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM

ooo i have!! they gave me a LOOOONG list od dentists.. and I called every single one of them.. and even the ones that were THREE hours away! I cant find anyone! Im getting aggitated!!!

Quoting dosthepost:

My doc says they don't send kids to the dentist unless they have problems until about 3. Then they give us referrals to dentists that take our insurance... we have private insurance... it's harder to find a damn dentist to take THAT than it is to find one that takes medicaid. Ask your pedi for a referral.

mommyslove0607
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM

guess ill satrt doing that!!

My son turns FOUR in Nov.. and the youngest THREE in oct!!

Quoting AudrasMommy:

You should really be flossing.  My daughter has spaces in between her teeth that I'm sure the brush reaches but I still floss.  My niece didn't floss and she just had to have surgery for cavities (be put under) and the dentist sad she needs to be flossing.  She was 3 at the time and brushed her teeth morning and night.

As for the card...isn't it such a bitch?  I've been in that situation for regula dr.'s so I can only imagine dentist wise.  If there is a number on the back of the card, call it and see what can be done with that...othe than that i have no idea.

Quoting mommyslove0607:

Quoting tkarstens:

ajmlaa
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM

i have a dentist in the childrens hospital . they take medicaid. try you childrens hospital. im here in miami so i have the dentist with miami childrens hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)