Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom runs over her toddler

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 39 Replies

The thing I dont understand about this is why didn't they call an ambulance, especially if they had to do CPR in the driveway.

www.tdn.com/news/local/article_ae13e370-3d2b-11df-a648-001cc4c002e0.html

Rainier toddler in good condition after being run over in driveway

Investigators say Friday's incident in which a Rainier toddler was run over in her parents' driveway was an "unfortunate accident," according to a Columbia County Sheriff's press release.

Juli Jo Biddix, 27, told investigators she had placed her daughter, 2-year-old Cordelia Biddix, in the vehicle at 8 p.m. Friday and believed she was in her car seat. By the time Juli Jo Biddix began backing out of the driveway on Fern Hill Road, Cordelia somehow had managed to escape the vehicle and was run over, the press release said.

"The investigation by our deputy determined that the mother believed the child was buckled in, because the child was able to do so," Sheriff Jeff Dickerson stated in an e-mail response to a Daily News reporter's questions. "She stated she put her daughter in the car, expecting that the child would buckle herself in."

The toddler wasn't breathing, and a family member administered CPR. After Cordelia resumed breathing, the family took her to St. John Medical Center in Longview.

Cordelia then was flown by Life Flight to Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland, where she was treated for face and shoulder injuries, the press release said.

A St. John employee reported the incident to law enforcement.

According to a nursing supervisor at Legacy Emanuel, the child was in good medical condition Wednesday, upgraded from serious on Saturday.

The Biddix family did not return a reporter's phone call Wednesday.

Dickerson said he did not know the type of vehicle involved.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Good Lord.

meme911
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:58 AM

WOW REALLY YOU WOULD THINK THE FIRST THING THEY WOULD OF DONE IS CALL 911.MAYBE SHE DIDN'T CALL BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T WANT HER NEIGHBORS TO KNOW WHAT SHE HAD DONE, IDK.EITHER WAY IT WAS HER FAULT SHE SHOULD NOT OF THOUGHT THE CHILD WOULD SEAT BELT HER SELF IN THE FIRST PLACE.

1Giovanni
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Why the hell would a mother just except a 2 yr. old to buckle herself in. ugh. I always makes sure my son is buckled in and he is 6.

mommyziegler
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM

wow, why would you leave it to a 2 yr old to make sure they are buckled in!!

MrsReesca17
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Poor girl, at least she's doing good.  I dd is almost 2 and I'm glad she doesn't know how to strap herself in.  How did the mother not realize she wasn't in the car??

Jillysmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I would NEVER trust a 2 yr old to buckle themselves, and to not ever check to make sure they did. Prayers for the baby.

stellarmom1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Does your 2 year old buckly themselves in?? I know mine didn't at that age. Even now thought I double check my 5 year old everytime!!

peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:04 AM

my 4 year old still has no idea how to buckle or unbuckle his carseat

lorililly
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:04 AM

if your backing up you have to notice that your child is not in their car seat.. i do anyway and plus i always make sure my babies r buckled up.. iam glad she is ok.. i feel bad for the mother..

retsillacam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM

so many things wrong with this story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)