• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing OB's?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM
  • 8 Replies

My cousin is about 20 weeks along and doesn't like her doctor... her family has her convinced that it's a PITA to switch, but I was pretty sure if you changed before 30 weeks it wasn't a big deal... has anyone here switched halfway through?

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tkarstens
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I had a friend who changed at 37 weeks and delivered a few days after she met her new doctor! If she is uncomfortable she needs to change!

tkarstensSigRequest.gif picture by ProudSass87

SAHM, Proud mommy of a 4 year old princess, a mommy of a beautiful angel baby Jensen, and baby #3 on the way!!! Married for 3 years to my wonderful navy man!!!

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Yes. Past 30 weeks they wouldnt do it. My doc has been my primary doc for 11 years now. I switch 1/2 way in my first pregnancy.

okhsmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I did with my first and it wasn't a problem. 

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I did with Erin and it wasn't any problem. 

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I never switched but I would if I were uncomfortable with my doctor.

SmallFrey87
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:27 AM

With my DD I had a new OB ever appt after I hit 20 weeks. It was to let you know everyone cuz you didn't know who would be delivering you. Pretty sure she can switch since she's only 20 weeks.

Ljensen09
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Yes I switched halfway through. I couldnt stand my doctor. She was so mean and i was not comfortable so I actually even switched to a whole new clinic! lol  But it isnt hard to switch and If shes not comfortable and doesnt like the doctor i would switch as soon as possible.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:33 AM

This last pregnancy, I switched at......

12 weeks, an 36 weeks!!!

I don't think its bad to change-a good doctor/patient relationship is necesary.  If its not working out, by all means, change doctors!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)