Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tying your kid to a chair.....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM
  • 32 Replies

Someone I know did this, She sent me text lastnight with a pic showing me that she tied her kid to a chair to make him eat his veggies. This made me so mad!!! She seems to think there is nothing wrong with what she did. I was wondering how you ladies feel about this and would you ever do this to your children?? I know there is no way in hell I would ever even think about something like that. I think it is traumatic and horrible I told her so too.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Radarma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Tell me this is an April Fool's joke. Please?

dosthepost
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM

You don't know the situation, would be my first thought... it could've been a funny. "I'll tie you to your chair if you don't eat those vegis", and it turns into a joke. No, if it's done as a form of discipline it's not okay... but I would guess everyone had a laugh.

AudrasMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I've often daydreamed about doing this...not for eating vegetables but to keep my tornados in place so my house could stay cleaned.  But I would never do that and I think that that is totally wrong...ESPECIALLY because the kid wouldn't eat something.

Radarma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Quoting dosthepost:

You don't know the situation, would be my first thought... it could've been a funny. "I'll tie you to your chair if you don't eat those vegis", and it turns into a joke. No, if it's done as a form of discipline it's not okay... but I would guess everyone had a laugh.

Hmmm, I hope that was the situation. It is NEVER a good idea to encourage a power struggle over food.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:25 AM

That is unacceptable under any circumstances.

mommawanken

Quoting Radarma:

Tell me this is an April Fool's joke. Please?

Nope not a joke. Seriously, she did this. She said that he didnt believe her that she would tie him down (well she used a belt) so she did it. She said he threw a fit for the first ten min and finally ate his veggies.

peanutsmommy1

NOT ok

mommawanken
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Quoting dosthepost:

Um yes I do this is one of my family members, OK!!  IT'S NOT OK!!!!  JOKE OR NOT!!!!! My dad said that one of his aunts used to do this to them as children.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:28 AM

No. I would never tie my kids to a chair, other than their carseats (or the boosters they sometimes sit in at the table.)

If they want down, they are done and are allowed to be excused. We don't force them to eat.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

mommawanken
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Quoting canthaveboys1:

That is unacceptable under any circumstances.

THANK YOU I AGREE 100%!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)