Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever dealt with Scabies Mites? Advice needed....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM
  • 0 Replies

When I was 26 weeks pregnant (middle of August) my husband and I visited his grandma. She was diagnosed with scabies a week after we had seen her. I called my OB right away to see what I should do and they said they couldn't do anything until symptoms appeared. After doing tons of research, it said about 4-6 weeks after exposure, if you are infested, you will show signs of itching and a rash.

Sure enough, I did. Middle of September I had a rash. It went undiagnosed for months! I was told it was Puppp (pregnancy rash) and it would disappear shortly after the birth of my daughter. I gave birth to my baby girl, Halle, November 4th. I was still itching the beginning of December and so was my husband at that point. We went to the dr. FINALLY got the diagnoses. We were treated with permethrin .5% cream & we treated our daughter (1 month old at the time) with the treatment as well. Thought we were clear. Halle then started having a cluster rash and it was diagnosed again, late February, she had scabies. We did the treatments, along with my husband and I, along with CLEANING EVERYTHING constantly. Doing laundry constantly. I don't believe I could have done anything more to clean my house and our belongings.

I think Halle has new scabie bumps and we did see a derm about a week ago. He said eczema...dammit. He wanted to re-examine April 15th, but he did the skin scrapping and it came by not showing signs of scabies (however you can still have it I have read) So I wonder if any of you moms have experienced this?! Her "bumps" come and go....I just need to vent, get advice...and thought I could start here.

I am sad we are dealing with this and I am especially sad for my daughter...

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)