• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he wants a motorcycle.......

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM
  • 31 Replies

DH has decided he wants a motorcycle...

He has a whole arguement about it saving gas - so saving money in the long run...

I'm not thrilled about the idea...

thoughts?

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I want one, but my bf said not just no but hell no! I would have to have 4 sidecars............

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

LMAO....too funny!

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I want one, but my bf said not just no but hell no! I would have to have 4 sidecars............

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

elleinad
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

No. No. No.

No matter how good a driver your DH is on a bike, you have to trust everyone else on the road to see him and not hit him. And since people are idiots and all suck -- can you do that? They are death machines for this reason. My ex-DH wanted one and it was a huge point of contention in our marriage. My current SO wants one but has the manhood to realize, "I am helping take care of 3 little boys -- it'd be stupid and irresponsible to get a bike and risk my family like that."

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I personally see nothing wrong with motorcycles if the owner of the bike is a safety conscious rider.

jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

i wonder if you could get car seats in them lol

Quoting mamakenzi:

LMAO....too funny!

Quoting canthaveboys1:

lundaylove
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM

i wouldnt let hubby when he had that argument. My dad used to ride a motorcycle all the time when i was younger. Been in a lot of accidents, the last one almost killed him. He came very close to losing his leg too. My mom hasnt let him own one since. And i dont blame her. Riding them occasionally is one thing, owning and riding them all the time. No thanks!

jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I told him he better up his life insurance if he gets one...

I just hate the idea - I'm a CPST so I have a pretty extensive understanding of crash forces so combining that knowledge with motorcycles paints a very scary picture in my head.

but I generally I let DH do pretty much what he wants - he earns more money and I usually let him decide how he wants to spend the extras.  he plans on saving his overtime money for it...

Quoting elleinad:

No. No. No.

No matter how good a driver your DH is on a bike, you have to trust everyone else on the road to see him and not hit him. And since people are idiots and all suck -- can you do that? They are death machines for this reason. My ex-DH wanted one and it was a huge point of contention in our marriage. My current SO wants one but has the manhood to realize, "I am helping take care of 3 little boys -- it'd be stupid and irresponsible to get a bike and risk my family like that."

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

Brianav

Saving money on gas, sure. saving money on bike insurance...not so much. My husband wants a bike too...I'm stressing out because I don't know if I can talk him out of it.

lundaylove

you can be the best driver in the world and still get into an accident. My dads last one was NOT his fault. there is this subdivision in our hometown, and he was driving the speed limit going around the curve and there are driveways along one side. Well this homeowner had this rock next to the mail box and for some reason it was out in the middle of the street but closer to his yard, my dad didnt realize it until it was too late and he hit the rock and he went flying. Almost died. It was no ones fault but the homeowners for having that rock there!

Quoting mamakenzi:

I personally see nothing wrong with motorcycles if the owner of the bike is a safety conscious rider.

Rebeccaroe
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM

my dh has one and I see no big issue with it, We actually have a lot of fun riding together and in another year or so I will also have my own that is after I learn lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)