Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naptime!!! Please help

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son is almost 9 months old. He goes to bed at night, usually with no problem and will sleep anywhere from 7-10 hours. However, when it comes to napping, he just won't do it. If I see that he is getting tired and lay him down he cries or plays, but will not sleep. He will only sleep during the day in his jumpy for about 30-45 minutes, but if he's in his bed only 15-20 minutes. The only way I can get him to take a nice long nap is if I lay down with him, then he will sleep for almost 2 hours. Don't get me wrong, sleeping and snuggling with him is great, I love it, but sometimes naptime is my only opportunity to get anything done, especially now that he's crawling and getting into everything. any suggestions??

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
twny
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I am not much help, my son always slept well.  When he was about 3 months old, I just started laying him down every 1.5 and he slept for 1.5 hours.  Are you in a group for you sons birth month?  If not then you should search one out, they should be able to help you since they may be going through it too.

CamdensMom12
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:34 PM

It's normal. I remember going through this too. :)  Is the room dark enough? Are you laying him down the same time every day? At that age they usually take two naps a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)