• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Upset embarassed and I feel totally violated - Updated

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM
  • 50 Replies

last night I went over to the 7-11 to pick up some corn chips. The store is only a couple of blocks from where we live so I offered to walk there. I got there and there was the owner, I think he is the owner anyway, because he is the one who is always there. And there was another guy. It was a little after dinnertime and the two of them were goofing around, which is fine, I understand having to work the evening shifts. I was the only one in there when I walked in. The other guy said, "You should have HER suck your dick." Looking at me. WHOAH. I don't think he think I heard him, he said it pretty low but I heard it. I was unsure of what to do. So I kind of acted like I hadn't heard him, asked the price on a bag of chips, and walked out without buying anything. I got home, called 7-11's Emergency line, and told them what happened. By than I was crying. The owner had laughed and said, "YOUR BAD" or something of that nature to the other guy. Yeah. Real fucking funny asshole. Anyways, I called. I also called the police and filed a sexual harassment report, because I was upset, angry, embarrassed, and in some weird way I feel violated. My husband offered to go down and beat the crap out of them, and I told him no. I don't want him to go to jail. Although a big part of me wanted to just tell him go ahead.   The guy whom I called was very upset at what I told him, or at least he acted that way. He apologized profusely, told me I was right to call the emergency line, and told me that most 7-11 stores have cameras with sound, so they could probably hear what he said. I feel violated. I feel embarrassed. I feel angry. I feel sad. I don't know what else to do. I don't know why this is bothering me so badly.

UPDATE - The lady just called me from 7-11. She said they have everything on tape. She wants to go and fire them on the spot, and will if the legal dept will back her up on it. If they won't she needs to wait to talk with the owner, apparentally the guy I thought was the owner of the store, isn't the owner. And his dad just died and is in Canada and she couldn't get through to him. She said if she needs to speak with the owner first, she will ensure that he fires these employees on the spot. She said they take this sort of thing very seriously, and told me she would have cried too.

Update - I am feeling a bit better, thank you guys. It's appreciated.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:09 PM

You are a bigger person than I am. I would have gone off!!!

campomommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM

dumbass, id feel just as upset..

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

That was probably just guy talk. Every woman that came in probably got something said about them. And I am SURE he didn't mean for you to hear. Try not to let it get to you.

clhadley
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

You were well within your rights to call the emergency line and to call the police. It is sexual harrassment and it is high time that assholes get the point that they can't talk that way to anyone. Whether he was the owner or not, it is not the way anyone in the customer service field should talk about anyone that walks into their store. Idiots!!! Anyways, good for you. Just a word of caution, if I were you, I would either NOT got back to that store, or don't ever go back alone. I would hate for something else to be said to you...or worse. Men are animals.

PrincessMermaid
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I am never going to go back to that store again. I even told the guy from the emergency line that.

mommyslove0607
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM

i probably would have confronted him said something then walked out. I probably wouldnt have gone to the extremes that you did ( you had every right to). I would have just let it roll off my hsoulders.. Guys are guys.. and ESP if they are a bit young.. even Older I should say.. Guys will be guys.. they have NO respect for women these days.. Dont let it get to you.. !! (:

PrincessMermaid
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Bump with update

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I am glad they are working with you.

PrincessMermaid
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

It was just embarrassing I guess. I don't know why exactly it bothered me so much. I know boys will be boys, but it just seemed... Wrong. Very wrong.

Lovey1234
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM

You did the right thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)