Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what are your plans?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM
  • 22 Replies

For Easter weekend? I stuffed eggs last night. We are doing an egg hunt, and than going to grandmas. When we get home my mom is going to come over and bring the girls little baskets. We should have fun!!! This is the babies first year of caring about Easter.

http://www.firstgiving.com/forpaige

Lets help find the cure for autism!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

i dont know yet. my fil is having a bday party/ easter but i dont want to go. i have all my stuff still in bags waiting to be put together and packed and crap. im thinking we might color eggs and a mini egg hunt with the kids then just the baskets other then that it might be a normal day

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Quoting hailnbray:

i dont know yet. my fil is having a bday party/ easter but i dont want to go. i have all my stuff still in bags waiting to be put together and packed and crap. im thinking we might color eggs and a mini egg hunt with the kids then just the baskets other then that it might be a normal day

this year will be weird for us. Usually my grandma does something, but she is still in Az being a snowbird so nothing there. I might throw a ham in the crock pot before we go to the bf's moms.

lapcounter
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Sat. we will die eggs, during the day we may go to an Easter Egg hunt if it is not raining. Sunday morning it is off to the in laws for breakfast then church for everyone and after that we go to my husband's aunt's for a brunch and to let the little one's play together :)

Nenasam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Sound like fun !! I have no idea what we gonna do yet..  

Quoting lapcounter:

Sat. we will die eggs, during the day we may go to an Easter Egg hunt if it is not raining. Sunday morning it is off to the in laws for breakfast then church for everyone and after that we go to my husband's aunt's for a brunch and to let the little one's play together :)

fireangels2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Going up to the mountains hiking. Me, myself, and I. My husband and I got divorced last year and he gets the kids this year for Easter. My first one without them.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Hopefully we will make church service tonight.  Holy/Maundy Thirsday is usually one of my favorite services of the year.

Friday:  Movies in the morning, shopping in the afternoon, prepping the house for company, wrapping gifts and some baking.  Church service (Good Friday) that evening.

Saturday:  A lot of baking and food prep.  Daughter has dance rehearsal.  I will be baking for a few hours Saturday afternoon.  Saturday night, family will come over and watch the kids have fun dying a whole bunch of eggs.

Sunday:  Up at the crack of dawn to bake fresh bagels for the breakfast at our house.  Around 8 am relatives will arrive and once they are here the kids get to come and see their baskets presented and open them up.  When they are done with baskets--we are off to church.  After church service we go to grandma's house (they wil get presents there) and then a big egg hunt.  After the egg hunt, we are going to a nice resort with extended family for a nice dinner.  After that, we will come back home, the grown ups will all hand out, make egg sandwiches and deviled eggs while the kiddos change into play clothes and play well into the night:)

That's a wrap!

sarahbearamommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:14 PM

tonight we are having dinner and coloring eggs at my mother in laws..

Tomorrow I have to make rice krispie treats for Sat & Sunday

Saturday we are going to my family's about an hour and a half away, for egg hunt, Easter dinner, etc..

Sunday is Easter Service at church, then off to stop by my hubby's cousins for a bit, then back to my mother in laws for easter egg hunt, then going over to hubbys Aunts for Easter Buffet.

Phewwwwww.. its going to be a long weekend...

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Quoting lapcounter:

That will be a lot of fun!

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Maybe the post will give you some ideas!

Quoting Nenasam:

Sound like fun !! I have no idea what we gonna do yet..  

Quoting lapcounter:

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Quoting fireangels2:

Going up to the mountains hiking. Me, myself, and I. My husband and I got divorced last year and he gets the kids this year for Easter. My first one without them.

That is a bummer! If you lived closer I would invite you to my house! At least yo have plans for something fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)