Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you take a pregenancy test?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM
  • 24 Replies

I'm watching a recorded Dr Phil and the woman on here is taking a pregenancy test once a week!!

which just doesn't make sense to me - because even the early tests will only show you are preggers at the earliest a couple days before your missed period. 

Plus the first two weeks of your cycle you haven't even ovulated...

so when did you take your test?

I was already a couple days late when I did mine.

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM
the first time I was 4 weeks late. I kept putting it off. The second one, I had a feeling and took one a few days after I missed my period.
pambayens
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

My first I was 3 weeks late before I even realized I was late so 3 weeks and the second we were planning and I waited about a week after my lighter than normal period

cristina0709
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

i did mine when i was a couple days late. with ds i did it when i was 5 days late

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I was always late. I think that sounds like paranoia to do it a few times a week.

RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I was always late. I think that sounds like paranoia to do it a few times a week.

not to mencion a waste of money! Those things aren't cheap!

jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM

they are saying that they have spend $1000 on pregenancy tests...

and thats not including all the baby clothes, diapers etc she has bought for a child that she isn't even pregenant with yet.

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

Quoting canthaveboys1:

A hundred years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. -Kathy Davis

elleinad
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Pregnancy tests do not show up positive with me until I am at least 6 weeks. No way have I ever received a positive within the first week of a missed period.

acbbsmama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

We were undergoing fertility treatments when we concieved our son. I took the test one day before my period was due. With my daughter we had been trying to get pregnant for 5 years so I had given up the thought of having another child. I was 2 days late when I took the test.

teachmichele825
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I took mine 5 days before my missed period. I became pregnant three days earlier!

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Holy Moly! That is strange....................

Quoting jrp0606:

they are saying that they have spend $1000 on pregenancy tests...

and thats not including all the baby clothes, diapers etc she has bought for a child that she isn't even pregenant with yet.

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

Quoting canthaveboys1:

http://www.firstgiving.com/forpaige

Lets help find the cure for autism!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)