Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 4 month old daughter is so gassy . She passes gas like crazy and you can hear when she eats tons of noise coming from tummy. I am going to try chamomile tea today . But I wanted to know what bottles do you use were your kids like my daughter is and what helped..??? Also she spits up and we have tried like 4 formulas and now we are on simliac soy it seems to be helping a little. We also use avent bottles.....Thanks MOMMIES

toddler boyFrom The Head Of A Mom Of Twobaby girl

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bexandbrad
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM
gosh i feel the support lol no advice at all?
Brianav
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I never had a problem with gassy babies but maybe you could try something from the local drug store? Idk, sorry. I hope you find something that works.

elijahsmommy23
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM

We used Soothie bottles and also the cheap Gerber bottles when my son was that little. Hope this helps!

b_rod
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Have you ever heard of Gripe water?

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM

We loved the Dr. Brown Bottles and I was very excited to hear they now have them in glass bottles and BPA Free Plastic (of course).

Also, try Mylicon Drops, they will help break up the gas.

Hope that helps.

"God is an invention of Man. So the nature of God is only a shallow mystery. The deep mystery is the nature of man."

MayhemMomma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I used the drop-ins, and I would push the air out of the bottle before feeding my son. It helped a little bit, but we also had to go through a ton of different formulas before finding the right one. After we finally got him on the right formula, we didn't have any more problems.

katiebug840204
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:33 PM

well first off tea wouldnt be good for her..she is too young for that.  try mylecon drops..they were a life saver for me and my babies.   Try the playtex disposable bottles..u can squeeze all the air out of the bottle.  Burp her every 2 oz...and make sure she is on a slow drip nipple.  She might be gulping in too much air.  What formulas have u already tried??

Not Perfect

JustKristy78
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM

my son had issues with avent even though they are more expensive and are supposed to be better.  i use titled bottles and that worked.  i think by gerber?

seth.ethan225
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM

my son used to do that- tried at least 6 different types of formula. Eventually my dr. said to just put him on soy milk. It helped tremendiously. It was expensive though- I would buy a box of 10 half gal. boxes a week.

alc030
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM

My friend's baby had those problems and the Dr. Brown's bottles helped him a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)