Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stripping membranes

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM
  • 26 Replies

Has anyone had this done? The Dr. did it to me today. I am 6 and 100%, they will not induce me because I am not 39 weeks- I am 38.4- will be 39 on Sat. She said it should help push her along, but has anyone had any experience with this?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaxonsMommy1130
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM
you are 6cm dilated????
Ljensen09

I had that done with both of my pregnancies. I really does push things along. Both times that i had it done i ended up going into the labor the next day or two. It is kind of painful but well worth it. good luck

BaileynMe

Not I. Bump! 

teachmichele825
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM

They did it to me, a little uncomfortable and i was still 3 days past my due date! good luck, momma. baby will come when she is ready!

seth.ethan225
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quoting JaxonsMommy1130:

you are 6cm dilated????

YUP!!!!!!!!!! and they will not just induce. In Cali, where I had my first 2 they said if I got to a 4- they induce because of the chance of infection...In Illinois nope- you have to be 39 weeks unless medically necessary. SUCKS. Oh but thye will strip my membranes, which is a form of induction?

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I had it done with 3 out of my 4 kids. My doc said if it worked it would be with in 3 days. he was right every time.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I am in Illinois! Where are you at? I always had mine done at the last apt before 40 weeks.

Quoting seth.ethan225:

Quoting JaxonsMommy1130:

you are 6cm dilated????

YUP!!!!!!!!!! and they will not just induce. In Cali, where I had my first 2 they said if I got to a 4- they induce because of the chance of infection...In Illinois nope- you have to be 39 weeks unless medically necessary. SUCKS. Oh but thye will strip my membranes, which is a form of induction?

http://www.firstgiving.com/forpaige

Lets help find the cure for autism!!

seth.ethan225
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I am in Illinois! Where are you at? I always had mine done at the last apt before 40 weeks.

Quoting seth.ethan225:

Quoting JaxonsMommy1130:

you are 6cm dilated????

I am in St. Charles- going to deliver (maybe) at Delnor.

paranoiacomplex
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM

nope sorry,

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I dont know where that is......I am in Urbana.

Quoting seth.ethan225:

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Quoting seth.ethan225:

Quoting JaxonsMommy1130:

you are 6cm dilated????

I am in St. Charles- going to deliver (maybe) at Delnor.

http://www.firstgiving.com/forpaige

Lets help find the cure for autism!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)