Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHILD SUPPORT UGHHHHHHHHH !

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just need to vent . My sons father has not payed any child support in 6wks I am so stressed ! I have no money. I just can not stand it UGH it is just not fair for my husband to have to pay for everything. He is court ordered to pay it was established by DOR (department of revenue) so they will suspend his drivers license soon. I am trying to be understanding because he is out of work and construction is so slow right now but my son has Type 1 Diabetes and the co-pays for his meds are high ! my husband already carries my sons insurance because it does not cost him extra to have him on it. My son is 10 and I have been down this road with his father more times than I can count.....Thanks so much for reading

Katie mother to 5 children  Noah 7-25-99,Hailey 4-18-03,
Riley 4-6-04,Caleb 10-12-05, Gracie 4-9-08.
family in the van

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I understand and am sorry. But if he's not working than he has no money yes? IDK. You and your DH may just have to deal with supporting him yourself.

babygirl4326
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I can completely relate to you, my ex-husband is court ordered to pay child support for our three children and when he was relocated at his job, he never sent in the proper paperwork so they could take it out of his check. My last child support payment was $25.00!! I also don't think it's fair that he does not provide health insurance for the children through his job because he says " it costs too much". My current husband does everything for them except for the insurance and sometimes I feel bad about it because they aren't his children, plus he is taking care of our baby. Too bad the state can't suspend his driver's license cuz he doesn't have one and will be 32 next month!! When it comes to cs, I am ALWAYS broke!! Hope your son is okay now though.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Although my sons are 24, 20, and 19 my x owes me over $100,000 in arrears.  he hasn't had a license in 10 years so I understand BUT I found the best way to deal with it is not to expect it.  Plan your budget without it.  I am not suggesting letting him off the hook I still haven't with my x but letting him have control of your emotions and happiness through money is giving him way too much power.  Budget your household without any money from him and when you do get some put it away for rainy day.  JMO

navywifey2006
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM

here in indiana, if they dont make a payment for 1 month, you can take them to court for contempt

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Quoting navywifey2006:

here in indiana, if they dont make a payment for 1 month, you can take them to court for contempt

You can in most states but what happens ( did to us in 4 different states) is they haul him in he promises to pay and they give deferred sentence.  meaning if he pays they drop charges.  usually it was 3 months so at the end of 3 months he has followed court order then they drop charges....he quits....and we chase him down again.  Round and round.  If a man or woman doesn't want to pay and live like that their really isn't much you can do.  Eventually they will end up in jail but judges don't like to do that cause how can they pay them  LOL  IMO if they weren't paying before whats the diff??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)