• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ectopic (spl) pregnancies and those who had them....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

How did you find out that you were ectopically pregnant?

I went to the dr today and was told to take my BC (Nuva Ring) out and come back on wednesday for yet another preg test and a test for infection or whatever. I've been cramping alot! And i've been having pregnancy symptoms.

She said something about ectopic pregnancies but i couldn't hear very well on my cell. Then when i went to ask her what she had said she said come back monday. ANd hung up. Ladies HELP!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM

IDK, I'm so sorry I can't help. BUMP

svnamom18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM

thanks

Ohiomomto2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:50 PM

My SO's little sister (she's 22) had one of these a few months ago.  There's really no way of knowing that it's eptopic until they do an US.  She didn't even know she was pregnant, just thought it was odd that she was ALWAYS spotting and not having a period.  Then one day, she was sitting at her MIL's and started having a MAJOR pain (dunno where it hurt exactly however), so her MIL took her to the ER.  The ER (the hospital that she went to is...okay well to be nice, not good) and they told her she was probably miscarrying, and to call her OB the next day and not to worry about it.  Well, she called her OB that night and told him what was going on.  He brought her in gave her US, and said he didn't see anything inside her uterus, not even a beat.  So, he told her to come in the next day to have at the very least a DandC, and see what he could find.  The next day, they did the surgery, and the baby was HUGE and inside her tube.  She has pictures on her phone...It was horrible.  They also had to remove the tube because it was obliterated...that's how big the baby was.  However, the dr told her that had she waited even one more day, she wouldn't be alive to tell her story.  SO, with that being said, if you think you're having an eptopic pregnancy PLEASE go get checked out! 

(That last part was to everyone!)

AJsMama09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:57 PM

When I was pregnant with my son they thought for the longest time that it was an ectopic pregnancy because they couldn't see anything on the US and I was having HORRIBLE pains on my right side.  Turns out I had a normal pregnancy but I also had an ovarian cyst.  I hope everything turns out okay, but if you're in a lot of pain and worried I would go to the ER or urgent care.  I probably wouldn't wait until Monday.  Ectopic pregnancies are dangerous.

svnamom18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I am worried...but I haven't told my bf yet. I might wait until tomorrow and go to my PCP.

I don't know what is wrong with me. It sucks.

hailnbray
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM

i was on the ring for 2 years. the first year or so was great then this past july things got really messed up. one month i bleed for 3 weeks 3 months i  had nothing. and back and forth like that. i finally just stopped bc and they still get messed up. one month will be right on one month will be a week late.

Quoting svnamom18:

I am worried...but I haven't told my bf yet. I might wait until tomorrow and go to my PCP.

I don't know what is wrong with me. It sucks.

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

noahscott
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:21 PM

i had an ectopic pregnancy.. my pregnancy level on my blood test kept going up and down and they did an ultrasound and at first said they saw the egg in the uterus but then a couple weeks later did another and said they didn't see anything.. and my side (that the egg was stuck on) started to hurt badly..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)