• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fUN-sUcKeR!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM
  • 20 Replies

My daughter will get an easter basket from the easter bunny.

She will hunt easter eggs.

and we will all have a fun time.

She will also get presents from santa claus

and we will bake him cookies.

If you see a problem with me celebrating times of cheer and happiness with my DD...

then you can go suck the fun out of your own family's lives.

No offense to anyone but people who put me down for not being "honest" with my child for the sake of fun just proved to not only me but many, that they must of had a wonderful childhood. (Sarcasm). I grew up with those things and the tooth fairy...I can't believe I forgot the tooth fairy!!! (Shame on me!) and I turned out just fine. I don't resent my parents for "lying" to me. Because to be honest...those were some of the best memories that were made. And as a matter of fact...My parents had the "If you don't believe, you don't recieve" policy until i was 10. ANd by God, I sure did believe. =)

Just had to vent.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwins240
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I'm with ya sister!!! 

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:18 PM

LOL as long as you believe you recieve in my parent's house.  I still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny.  LOL and Santa still brings me presents and a stocking, and the Easter Bunny still leaves me an Easter Basket LOL

svnamom18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I know right. It really takes some miserable people to take the fun out of the holidays.

And yeah i still believe too! lol.

Quoting mamakenzi:

LOL as long as you believe you recieve in my parent's house.  I still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny.  LOL and Santa still brings me presents and a stocking, and the Easter Bunny still leaves me an Easter Basket LOL

Nykyria
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

OMG, finally sane people who live on planet Earth. My 13 and 11 year old believe, therefor they receive. So far so good. HAPPY EASTER!!!

svnamom18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM

thanks you too!

laughing

Quoting Nykyria:

OMG, finally sane people who live on planet Earth. My 13 and 11 year old believe, therefor they receive. So far so good. HAPPY EASTER!!!

JenniL05
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:27 PM

There is nothing wrong with believing...but there's nothing wrong with NOT believing either. Who cares what anyone else celebrates!

I knew the truth when I was 5...I had NO imagination as a child. =) When I asked my mom why all the parents lied to their kids, she just looked at me shocked and helpless and said "Please don't tell your sister!"

Nykyria
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I think its more the way CM people represent themselves. Almost as if they are haters of holidays. I think the OP is saying she loves it and is gonna love it with her LO. I happen to agree.

jennypinfargo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I also tell my DD that fairys are real and I build little fairy house in the forest in our back yard and then we go find them and look for fairies.  She also thinks Giants are real and other fairy tales...

linseyfrayer
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM

i completely agree with you! let the kids be kids, why take away what little innocents they have to start with... growing up i remember the presents from santa, toothfairy and the easter bunny it was the greatest yrs of my life and i'm gunna make sure my son has that same exsperience!

jennypinfargo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Oh and when we lived in our old house it has a dark old (120 year old farm house) basement and I told the kids a monster lived down there so they wouldn't go down there, they would throw potatoes into the basementn to feed it and have me take toys down for it to play with....so yep they believe in monsters too....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)