Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scott Roeder just got 50 yrs. for murdering abortion doc

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM
  • 37 Replies

I just read that Scott Roeder just recieved 50 yrs from the judge. He will never get out or if he does he will be in his 90's or something. He said he saved babies, I'd like to challenge that one.

Does this guy really believe that if he murders one abortion doctor that women won't have them? Give me a break! Women will go to another abortion doctor and soon enough someone will take his place and will do it. Even if all of the extremeist pro-lifers ended up killing all the abortion doctors, women would go back to the old ways of recieving abortions. There would be tons of back door abortions, women using coat hangers or other home remedies, women ending up at hospitals or worse, dead. As much as we hate to look at it that is exactly what was happening when abortion was illegal here. Women would go to the local butcher or the nurse who did it on the side. A lot of these women died too.

Hopefully this will show other extremeists if you kill someone no matter the reason, you are going to jail for the rest of you life, and women will still have abortions and make their own decisions about their bodies.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momgerke
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

AGREE!!! 100%

Nykyria
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

My body, my choice!

PrincessMermaid
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM

My grandma as a teenager, had a friend who got pregnant. Her friend was very frightened and wanted to get rid of it. She didn't tell my grandma what she was going to do but she begged and my grandma lent her $20, a huge sum back than. Her friend had already come up with another $30 from her job. They found her in the bathtub, her parents found her. Blood in the water, the man who did it to her had disappeared. She bled to death in a bathtub while the man who did it took her $50 and booked it the hell out of there. So, I would hate us to go back to that.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I don't agree with abortions, but I would never kill someone over them.

okhsmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM

wow, seems light, doesn't it?

dosthepost
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I'm prolife... which means killing someone would totally defeat my message. They choose what they choose, I choose what I choose, and in the end those choices were ours and ours alone.

EdgeOfSanity
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM

What he did was no better than what the doctor did. But...I can't really say I'm sorry he did that. I feel bad for the doctor's family, but I really have no sympathy for someone who willingly kills a child.

KatieD_123187
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

I don't agree with abortions, but I would never kill someone over them.

PrincessMermaid
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I've had two abortions. Does that mean I am a killer? I didn't kill children IMO I aborted a fetus. Sorry if that totally contradicts anyone else's belief. We all have our opinion on these things and I knew this was a heated topic when I brought it up. Everyone, let's try to keep it clean though okay? Thanks.

okhsmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Quoting PrincessMermaid:

I've had two abortions. Does that mean I am a killer? I didn't kill children IMO I aborted a fetus. Sorry if that totally contradicts anyone else's belief. We all have our opinion on these things and I knew this was a heated topic when I brought it up. Everyone, let's try to keep it clean though okay? Thanks.

Well, yes, I think you did kill babies, but it's your right. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)