• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda freaking. Not a typical teething question.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

My 18mo old has his four front teeth in on top and bottom. No canines yet, but he's already getting molars. I've never had a kid get teeth out of order. Are they gonna come in? What's the deal?

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (18m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

Live in or around PUEBLO,CO? Come join us! http://www.cafemom.com/group/PuebloMommys

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jnick82
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:57 PM

My daughter did this too and my other 2 did not. I thought it was weird but my Dr said it is no issue

dosthepost
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM

They can come in any order... they have a typical order, but I know a kid who got canine's first. He looked like a little vampire.

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

Raider-Mama
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM

My DD is 17 months and she has her 4 front top and bottom, she also has 2.5 molars (one is just starting to come in) and no signs of canines yet. I think all kids can get them in a different order, just as they develop differently in all other ways.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Okay good. I was worried maybe his canines didn't develop. He was just at the dentist and she mention he had two teeth coming in, but never mentioned that he was skipping some.

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (18m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

Live in or around PUEBLO,CO? Come join us! http://www.cafemom.com/group/PuebloMommys

hedtrippe
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM

my dd has 4 molars four top teeth and 3.5 bottom teeth it looks like she is getting her canines all kids are different

mamakenzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 PM

LOL, he will be fine and get all of his teeth.  DD got her molars first.

ShadowRaven
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM

According to most baby teeth charts that I've seen, that's the order they're *supposed* to come. The four front (top and bottom), the first molars, canines and then the second molars. Though some kids do get them in different orders. I knew a little boy who didn't get any teeth in until he was about 14 months old. Then they all came in, over a 2 week period, starting with the molars. I felt SO bad for his dad (a former coworker of mine).

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM

My youngest did that. She has her molars and all her fronts. She is getting canines in now. No worries!

marywilliams
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I've heard of plenty that get teeth out of order.  I wouldn't worry.  Caroline only has 4 teeth yet to come in and they are her canines.  Doc isn't worried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)