Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of carseat for my 2 1/2 yr old??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

my son is 28 months old, and he is about 35-38 lbs(he was 35 last he was weighed here at home so I'm just quessing)  and he's pretty tall..

i want to keep him in a 5 point harness as long as i can, and he is rapidly growing out of our carseats.. what kind can i get that can accomodate him until he's definitely ready for a booster? 

are there boosters that you can somehow add a 5 point harness or something? im so lost!! ah!! please i need help soon, as my sons really growing out quickly

pregnancy

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sammylynnw
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Graco Nautilus, it harnesses to 65 pounds then turns into a high back booster and then low back booster up too 100 pounds. They run about 150-180 dollars.

AngelicaRenee
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM

This

Quoting sammylynnw:

Graco Nautilus, it harnesses to 65 pounds then turns into a high back booster and then low back booster up too 100 pounds. They run about 150-180 dollars.

dosthepost
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I agree. This is probably really the only seat that actually will be the last you'll ever need.

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

This

Quoting sammylynnw:

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM

what type of budget do you have?

and what type of car?

and any other little ones it has to fit next too?

STACIEH
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM

We LOVE our Britax Marathon. Great carseat!  A bit pricey, but I found mine about $100 off the regular price at albeebaby.com bc they had discontinued the pattern.

sarahbearamommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

thanks, im looking into it now! thats a great one, and we have a 2nd child on the way, so by the time my sons out, our 2nd will be ready to use one. thanks again!!

sarahbearamommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:07 PM

$200 and lower

i currently have a jetta, but im buying a bigger car this summer, since we have baby # 2 coming in October.

Quoting jrp0606:

and what type of car?

pregnancy

jrp0606
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:21 PM

The britax Frontier would be your BEST bet  - but its over your budget... it harness to 80lbs or 85lb depending on the DOM and then turns into an AWESOME booster.

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Booster-Seat-Pink/dp/B001NPD72E

the pink is under $200 the other colors depending on your choice are a little more - I've seen the red one for $217 somewhere recently but I can't find it right now.

The Graco Nautilus is an awesome seat too but it doesn't always fit every child well in booster mode - and some kids can find it a little constricting.

join the group in my siggy - you just have to click on it ;)

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

$200 and lower

i currently have a jetta, but im buying a bigger car this summer, since we have baby # 2 coming in October.

Quoting jrp0606:

and what type of car?

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Quoting jrp0606:

The britax Frontier would be your BEST bet  - but its over your budget... it harness to 80lbs or 85lb depending on the DOM and then turns into an AWESOME booster.

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Booster-Seat-Pink/dp/B001NPD72E

the pink is under $200 the other colors depending on your choice are a little more - I've seen the red one for $217 somewhere recently but I can't find it right now.

The Graco Nautilus is an awesome seat too but it doesn't always fit every child well in booster mode - and some kids can find it a little constricting.

join the group in my siggy - you just have to click on it ;)

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

$200 and lower

Quoting jrp0606:

and what type of car?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)