Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a question about rings

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

is it harder or soes it cost more to get a wedding band with small diamonds in it resized??

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM

dunno, here's a bump!

cmtjenn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM

its not the size of the stones that will matter. it is the type of setting they are in that would affect the cost.  or at least that is what i was told when i had my emerald ring sized down.  but if you are resizing a ring due to pregancy weight i would weight a few more months, your ring size may chage again.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:00 AM

IDK, I don't think it costs much to get them resized...

ashli488
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:01 AM

my hands went down from the swelling after the pregnancy its just my rings wont fit over my knuckle now...

EbonySnow
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM

how are they set? if they are in the band then it may be more expensive, depending on where you go to have it resized. But often it is only if they need to pull the stones out and reset them that it costs more. If I could see a picture of the ring I could give you a better answer

ashli488
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:11 AM

idk if you can really see it i tried finding a pic on the website but i couldnt. the engagement ring has a couple smaller diamonds in the side and the band which is in front of the engagemnet ring has small diamonds across the top...

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

ashli488
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:41 AM

bump for pic

dusky_rose
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:44 AM

If the diamonds don't go all the way around the band then they could just resize it from the back side (the side with no diamonds) and it shouldn't be more than another ring of the same size that doesn't have diamonds on the band.

Click the image above to join our group.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:46 AM

I don't know...

Mine has diamonds around it as well, but when we got the ring it was a size 6 and I needed a size 4. I know it's more expensive to get it made larger, but not sure of the difference that stones in the band make.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

BaileynMe
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:46 AM
Why don't you ask your jeweller? Or ask a few different ones to see what they all say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)