Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubal Ligations?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay mamas! ive had my tubes tied 3 mos ago! and i was wondering if any other mamas out there had theirs done too? if so what were your periods like right after?? did/do you ever get pains in your lower stomach when u move a certian way? or cramps but no period?? i feel like i cramp like im about to start then NOTHING!! i had my last child January 6th 2010 and i got tied the day after.. i had a semi like period March 25th it was light and NO cramps.. then on the 9th of this month i spotted LIGHTLY for the day... and then 2 nights ago i was cramping so bad but no period or anything.. UGH lol am i the only one?? someome??

Ashley|Married|mom of 4|sahm|Christian|Blessed!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
OnDrEjsMoMmY
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:16 AM

sorry wish i could help u havent had my tubes tied i wuld ask ur obygen hope some one can help good luck,

momof4kidsat24
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:18 AM

thats okay! thanks for responding tho! :]

Quoting OnDrEjsMoMmY:

sorry wish i could help u havent had my tubes tied i wuld ask ur obygen hope some one can help good luck,

MichelleJ1000
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:18 AM

I had my tubes tied 11 years ago and the only thing I remember is having a really really heavy period about 2 months later.  I mean soaking a super plus tampon AND an overnight pad in about 30 minutes. No bad cramps or anything.

momof4kidsat24
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:20 AM

I heard about that as well!!! so i been waiting for that!! but the bleeding i had wasnt even like a normal period prob give my obgyn a call!! thanks for responding!

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

I had my tubes tied 11 years ago and the only thing I remember is having a really really heavy period about 2 months later. I mean soaking a super plus tampon AND an overnight pad in about 30 minutes. No bad cramps or anything.

lilahsmommie
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:28 AM

I had a Tubal. I think that what you are experiencing is pretty normal. Mine was a little different than yours because I had mine done a year after I had DD. Your body is still trying to re-regulate hormonally, so it is pretty normal for your periods to be light, or nonexistent. Mine were pretty spotty for a few months after. Then were normal for almost a year(like before DD, started the same date every month), and now for the last 6 months they are later and later. I am told it is normal. EX. I started the 25th in Feb. March I didn't start till the 31st. They are in general lighter since I had the Tubal. Yes sometimes I do feel cramps but it is not time to start.

Mama2ETA
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:32 AM

I had one last June. The day after my daughter was born. I didnt have regular periods until this January. They were between 32-42 days apart! I was crampy like a week before. And now that I have regular periods...they are like a pool (sorry if TMI) but its ridiculous. I soak through a super tampon in like 2 hours! That last like 2 days with terrible cramps and then its light and lasts another 5 days with no cramps. and they are every 28 days now :) After time they are supposed to get better!

The thing I'm scared about....i'd be the 1 in 200 to get pregnant! Or after 10 years its 1 in 77!!!!

jackieibird
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM

What you are experiencing is normal for having a tubal done.  I hated the painful and heavy periods for the 12 years I had them tied.  NO ONE told me anything about PTLS, I would have never done it if I knew anything about it.  Once I had them untied everything returned to normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)