Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought baby's breast bud was suppose to go away?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

my baby is 13 months old and i was told by one doctor that it was or usually goes away by the babys 1st bday and her doctor said the same but also said that sometimes it doesnt go away, when she wears something like a onesie it stands out, does any one have a baby that has one or had one, when did it go away or did it? Thanks

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jonrileysmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:31 AM

What is a breast bud? I have never heard of it before

ashli488
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Quoting jonrileysmommy:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

sallymoon
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Some babies just take longer than others.  My son didn't really have breast buds, but he did lactate at about 5 weeks.  The lactation is not all that common, and it usually happens within the first few days.  I was concerned because it happened so much later, but my doctor said there was no problem.  It's probably nothing, but if you are concerned, there is no harm in asking your doctor.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

NavyWifey122305
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:39 AM

you mean like baby boobs ? shoot my alost 9 mo old almost has bigger boobs then me !!!!  I already jelous of her rack !

check em out !

lol

Just realized i dont have any good pics of them HAHAHA best i could find for ya

luvmybaby430
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:40 AM

feels like a knott in her breast, doctor says it is left over hormones from when i was pregnant with her that i carried over to her. it is so strange, I have a older daughter that is 4 and she never had this, i have never even heard of it until just recently, and what is strange to me is it is common when they are first born and the earlier months and she didnt get hers until around 7 months and i was even breastfeeding any more, which doctor said had alot to do with it to. so i dont know, it is so weird though. I just dont like how you can see it when she wears a onesie

Quoting jonrileysmommy:

luvmybaby430
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:41 AM

lol, yeah you could say that, but i would rather her have two one on each instead of being uneven like that with just one.

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

you mean like baby boobs ? shoot my alost 9 mo old almost has bigger boobs then me !!!!  I already jelous of her rack !

check em out !

lol

Just realized i dont have any good pics of them HAHAHA best i could find for ya

BaileynMe
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:36 AM

It took almost 2 years for my DD's to go away. Hers were pretty prominent. The dr said just to watch and make sure they didn't get bigger. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)