Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUD...Mirena.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

Im getting an IUD Sometime this week.... But i was woundering who has all had one and What were your  experiences with them? What did it feel like when they inserted it? Was it. painful during or after? Also how long did you bleed for after you got it placed?  Im kind of nervous to get it done. But dont want the risk of getting pregnant again. Or any other Advice about getting an IUD or having one... Thank you

I got my IUD today. And have no side effects what so ever. didnt hurt being put in. No cramping ot bleeding what so ever. I am happy that i had no effects at least so far...Only time will tell.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
brownhairday1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I just had mine removed!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hated that thing....i almost had to have surgery to have it removed because the string went in my cervix......

squidsmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:24 AM

I had one a few years ago after my daughter was born. There was slight cramping for the day after they inserted it, I was fine for a few months and then started having SEVERE cramping once a week for a month and ended up in the ER. I had it taken out and didn't have problems after that. I'm getting the Copper T IUD at the end of the month because it was figured that my reaction was from the hormones in the Mirena. The one I'm getting doesn't have hormones.

adon87
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I had mine for almost 2yrs and just had it removes b/c we r ttc. It really didnt hurt when I had it put in the downside for me is I bleed for almost 3mths straight, gain weight. and had hair loss. But many people have different side effects, so good luck..

Kristina09
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Bump...

navywifey2006
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:00 AM

ive had 2....the 1st one i had for 1 year, i developed cysts gained 50lbs, horrible mood swings, the 2nd one i had for 4 months i just removed it thursday, i started getting cysts, gained weight mood swings, hair loss. i got the 2nd one before i connected the weight issue to the iud, the 1st one i never bled, the 2nd one i bled for 2 1/2 of the 4 months i had it. it doesnt hurt to get it inserted if you take a deep breath and cough at the time of insertion. i cramped a little afterward. iud's are great if you dont have issues with them.

blucat026
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I had the Mirena after my second child, It was slightly painful during insertion and I had mild cramping for a few days afterward. I remember the good thing about not worring anymore and not having to be careful during intercourse, but I gained ALOT of weight. And so I had it removed. About a week later, the doctors office called me to tell me I needed to be put on strong antibiotics right away. I was confused because I didn't go there for any tests, just to have it removed. Well I guess they tested the IUD after removal and it showed there was bacteria on it. The doctor was fearful that there was now bacteria growing all over my female inards. I freaked out! Thank god I decided I wanted that thing out of me. What id I had left it in there for the next 4 years? If I had, would  that bacteria maybe have grown into cancer? I had 4 more years on it, but because I gained weight I wanted it gone. I don't suggest anyone get this thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)