Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take him to the ER?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

I normally don't post things like this, because I know the obvious answer is to go with my mothers intuition.

Anyways, my son is 15 months old. Yesterday, he started acting like he wasn't feeling very well. He has a runny rose, a cough and is pretty hoarse. He hardly ate anything at all yesterday. The only thing we could really get him to eat was some jello.

This morning, he barely touched his breakfast and so far today since he's been awake (which has only been about an hour) he's pooped twice and it's been basically just water, and it's green.

I tried calling his doctor yesterday, but it just so happens he's on vacation all this week. I called the doctor on call a little bit ago, and he said just to monitor him and if he begins to run a fever bring him in.

He's not really acting like he doesn't feel well. Right now, he's running around playing.

What would you do? Wait and see if he gets worse, or go ahead and take him in? Thanks a lot!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
pregnancy calendar
Gender PredictionGet your own gender prediction!
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
UxorQuodMatris
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM

What the doctor said.

Bring him in if he starts running a fever. I don't think you need to go to the ER though, the ped's office would be fine.

kdgord
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:45 AM

If he is running around playing and not acting lethargic or anything I would just keep an eye on him. He may have gotten a little bit of a stomach bug and be on the upswing already but his tummy may still be a bit irritated.

deeders949
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM

wait for a fever!!!!!!I have taken mine and then had to take them back because he developed a fever after the dr....Hope he feels better soon....

angtek81
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I would just watch him and push fluids, your biggest risk right now is dehydration.  If no fever he may have a virus so lots of liquids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)