Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pix plz! what kind of ....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

what kind of carseat/booster seat should a five year old be in? and i mean technically and legally not just opinions. does anyone know?? show me pictures plz

edit: she is 47 pounds and hmm idk her height but she is in the 97th percentile and is just about as tall as her 7 year old brother...very tall. hope that helps

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dosthepost
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM

How tall is he, and how much does he weigh?

squidsmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I would say it all depends on height/weight. I'm going to get my almost 4 year old daughter the Graco Nautilus because it harnesses until 65 pounds  and boosters until 100. I will also be getting that one for my son when he's a bit bigger because that's the only one I will have to get for him. I would suggest a high back booster. There is no technically/legally booster, they just need to be in a booster. If your child is tall enough so the seat belt sits right, that would be legal. Safe, probably not. Legal, yes.

dosthepost
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Yeah, if he fit height/weight wise I was going to recommend that... there's also the Britax Frontier, and it harnesses to 80 lbs, but it's substantially more expensive. Same concept, though... harnesses to 80 then belts to 100.

Quoting squidsmommy:

I would say it all depends on height/weight. I'm going to get my almost 4 year old daughter the Graco Nautilus because it harnesses until 65 pounds  and boosters until 100. I will also be getting that one for my son when he's a bit bigger because that's the only one I will have to get for him. I would suggest a high back booster. There is no technically/legally booster, they just need to be in a booster. If your child is tall enough so the seat belt sits right, that would be legal. Safe, probably not. Legal, yes.

Austin Levi is on his way!

baby growth

CafeMom Tickers

LovemyBabylots
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM

47 pounds and im not sure how tall but she is in the 97th percentile for her age group. She is just about as tall as her 7 year old brother ....very tall kids

gkm15099
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM

My girls are in Britax Frontiers.  They are 3 but are in the 99th precentile for thier height.  The Frontier is one of the highest on the market for the 5 point harness.  I plan to keep them in them for as long as humanly possible.

squidsmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Since she's so light, I would go with either the Nautilus or the one Dos said. You would get quite a bit of use out of the harness, so it would be worth the money

Quoting LovemyBabylots:

47 pounds and im not sure how tall but she is in the 97th percentile for her age group. She is just about as tall as her 7 year old brother ....very tall kids

dosthepost
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

My best recommendation would be to go to toys r us or something similar, and put her in the car seats to see which one fits best. At 47 lbs, she would fit in the Nautilus... but Idk about the height. I think the Frontier has more height to it than the Nautilus... 

Quoting LovemyBabylots:

Austin Levi is on his way!

baby growth

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)