Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have your own bank account?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM
  • 78 Replies

When I was a SAHM we had a little money from my husband's paycheck deposited into an account that had only my name on it. I felt comforted that if something would happen, and you never know, that I would have this money for sure.

Do you have an account that only you can access?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM

yeah i have savings account but my hubby knows about it.. i couldnt never get anything behind his back. if he wanted to he could put his name on it which i dont mind at all.

♥♥♥Yes Im a WoW playing Momma dont knock the game try the game ♥♥♥♥

jessiet143
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM

i do have my oen savings account and i am opening up my own checking account today. i am the breadwinner (the only one working) and that is partially why i like to keep myself protected, i am kind of afradi of him having access to all the money i work so hard for if anything were to happen between us. the reson i am getting my own checking today is becaus ei am starting a new part time census job thats paying relaly good money and i want to put it away in an account that we wont touch and use it to move next year. i am going to have the paycheck from job # 2 direct deposited right into it.

mommyflyes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM

i did,  the savings used to be in my name only.  now, everything is in both of our names.  i have a ton of money in my own retirement acct. though. a lot more than him.

SunnyBaby
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Right now, yes, I have my own checking and savings, and he has his own. We are about to merge though. Even when we do, both of our names will be on the account. Not that I worry about my husband leaving my high and dry, but, I won't have to worry about that, since I am on the account.

MY TACO BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!!!

hamptonj
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM

no we have a checking account that we share.

canthaveboys1

I have 2 of my own bank accounts. I also have one with each one of my kids. I am not married so I refuse to put anyones name on my money like that.

Brooklynsmom119

i have 3

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM

When I first brought up with my husband that I wanted this, I was afraid that he'd be hurt or object, but he didn't at all and helped me set it up.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I was in a bank a while back and the guy in the next line over apparently had just split with his wife or girlfriend and she'd cleaned out their joint accounts.  I think this was an incentive to me to have something that no one else could get to, not that I had any worries about my husband, but my  father taught us to prepare for things that could happen.

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Of my own? Nah, I don't need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)