Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First workout

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just got back from my first workout. The gym scales confirmed that my weight is worse that 240 pounds it is 246 pounds. That is okay though-my total weight loss goal is 76 now. I worked up a very good sweat and felt pretty good doing it. There is a TV in the exercise room and that helped. I know my weight loss will be nothing like the Biggest Loser but it will go down-just more slowly. I will be 40 next year so I NEED to do it now. Heart disease, high blood pressure and cancer run on both sides of my family. I will REALLY be a Sexy Teacher this time next year!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Congrats, keep going!!

Join "healthy weight loss" if you haven't already, and "fit and healthy."

There's tone of support there, and lots of ideas and accountability stuff! Hope to see you there!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:40 PM
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I love your attitude. When I don't want to do my workout, I remind myself how good I feel all day if I know I've done it.

jsi
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Good Job Sexy Teacher!!! i am so proud of you! I have read some of your posts in the past & i think this is a great idea for you!! good job girl!!! keep up the good work!

fyi: i was 115 lbs & 5'2" when i met my husband. fast forward 3 years & 2 kids later (dd will be 24 months & ds will be 9 months soon) and i found myself at 200 lbs!!!! which is nothing like me to "let myself go". i was unhappy. i was a stay at home mother who was unhappy. as soon as i could get back on my own 2 feet after ds was born, i started going on walks. i gradually increased them untill i could easily handle 2 mile walks twice a day (morning & afternoon). then i started to eat healthy. i lost 50 lbs just like that! so you can do it! i know you can.

now im 140 lbs & just started 24hour fitness to help me with my weight loss "plateu". and its working!! all the strength training helped catpult me through the plateu & im heading past the 140 mark quickly! ive been going 3 weeks & ive lost about 8-9 lbs. its so fun once you get to buy new clothes that are smaller sizs!! good job hunny! keep up the good work! xoxoxoxo

way to go

Q0112
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM

GREAT JOB!!!! I love the TV at my gym too! lol I use to be 240lbs last year..I'm 5 feet 2 inches. I already lost 50 lbs. I am 190lbs now. and I'm still losing. My goal now is to lose 20 more pounds...and then I want to lose ANOTHER 20 after that. I just ordered "THE STEP" from walmart.com. It's A LOT OF FUN. I love it and I know it will help me workout at home when I can't get to the gym. Congrats to you for working to your goals! If you wanna talk more about this...feel free to email me.

treadmill  Lost 8 pounds. 15 more to go! "I will NOT solve this problem with food!"   

jsi
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM

oh... also, i want to add that i DID NOT use any pills or weight loss supplements. i believe thats cheating!! i work hard & i deserve ALL the credit. even now i get appraoched to buy protien shakes & various other things that the gym offers. but, you know what? that is cheating! i will get that rock hard body & i will do it on my own. my own sweat & tears & thats it! i believe it is possible, all you need is your good attitude. and it sounds like you already have it! so dont let people tell you otherwise. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!! xoxoxoxo!

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Where I go, the treadmills and other similar machines each have a TV. So I bring earphones and can watch whatever channel I want. I get to watch the morning news shows, which is cool, since it takes my mind off of the walking on the treadmill. I'd like music, but I don't have an ipod.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)