Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone interperate dreams?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have been having some SUPER messed up dreams.  It started with dreaming about going to a river (nothing familiar) with my fiancee and our son.  Then the rest of my family was there.  Our dog also showed up at one point.  So, while we were just hanging out, an orca swam by.  It was in the air, but the air was also water. We were able to get some great pictures of it, then the dream morphed into us being at a sea world type place and I got to swim with the orcas. 

Fast forward two weeks (in real life)

I have another dream, at the same river, but it was different..  There was a girl scout troop hanging out there and we helped them find tide pools ( i know they dont exist in rivers!) do study the marine life.  My family had driven to the river in two different fire engines and parked on opposite sides.  We were able to walk across the river on some sort of underwater bridge, but we were above water.  As we were walking across, I saw another orca swimming under the water towards us.  I tried grabbing my camera, but dropped it in the river.  By the time I got it out (yes it still worked) the orca was gone.  No pictures, no interaction this time.

Last night (real life)

I was sleeping at work (yes we are allowed too) and I started to have a dream about a ghost down in the basement.  I never saw the ghost, but it was a male.  A very angry male! We would try talking to him, and he would start throwing shit at us.  So then we tried to run him out, and he just got angrier and threw bigger stuff at us.  I don't remember all the details, but I woke myself up twice saying Oh my god out loud.

Any ideas??

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MayhemMomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I have a dream dictionary. I'll look up some of the things in your dreams, and get back to you shortly.

momof3plus02
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Theres a website that you can look up let me find it..

dosthepost
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM

They don't sound iconic to me... Do you LIKE orcas, particularly? or are these just random? 

My head gets stuck in places sometimes. Like, I had a dream about like, this camp thing... on a creek and there's a course of some kind on it. I have that dream regularly, but something different always happens. I HATE water, so I think I get stuck there b/c I'm afraid I'll dream it, so I'm thinking about it... does that make any sense?

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM

A fast flowing river is the richness of your life flow. Crossing it means changing something major in your life. The orca could be something big but interesting that is a bit illusive. Dropping your camera and missing the picture could mean that you are worried about missing out on an opportunity or worried that you did miss an opportunity.

These go together with your family and dog being there- your life and that it is busy and moving forward.

The ghost... hard to say. If you read the thread here about ghosts this may have triggered a fearful dream. Or a movie involving ghosts or monsters. Otherwise I am guessing that the ghost is something that you have in your history that has been in the very back of your mind for sometime that you've recently thought about and that you find disturbing and can't shake.

MayhemMomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Ok, according to my dream dictionary, Bmat is pretty spot on in her interpritation. The only thing I can really add is the interpritation of the ghost. It says that a ghost usually represts an aspect of our life that haunt us. Such as, bad memories, feelings of guilt, or sometimes a past trauma.

momof3plus02
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Dreammoods.com

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Dang BMAT good job! I wanted to add that you are everyone in your dreams, so I hear.

Quoting Bmat:

A fast flowing river is the richness of your life flow. Crossing it means changing something major in your life. The orca could be something big but interesting that is a bit illusive. Dropping your camera and missing the picture could mean that you are worried about missing out on an opportunity or worried that you did miss an opportunity.

These go together with your family and dog being there- your life and that it is busy and moving forward.

The ghost... hard to say. If you read the thread here about ghosts this may have triggered a fearful dream. Or a movie involving ghosts or monsters. Otherwise I am guessing that the ghost is something that you have in your history that has been in the very back of your mind for sometime that you've recently thought about and that you find disturbing and can't shake.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Quoting momof3plus02:

Dreammoods.com

I like this site too.

AES514
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Wow! Thanks ladies.  I didn't want to add too many personal details, because I didn't know if that would affect the interperatation.  I am a firefighter (the fire trucks ) Wish I would've picked a different career ( my 1st choice..... Marine Biology! ) The ghost..... not really sure.  I'm very confused by my relationship right now with my fiancee.  I will check that website out too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)