Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Probably overthinking this, but...............Update in Orange..........

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM
  • 31 Replies

We are taking DD (5yrs)to the beach for the first time next week & I want it to be PERFECT for her.  Please let me know what if anything I am forgetting or what you found helpful on your trip to the beach w/a little one.  I have sand/beach toys & of course sun block & aloe vera.

Thanks in advance cause you ladies are great. :)

What I have: 

A lounge chair for her (don't have ours yet)lol

Bottled Water Small bottles for her & reg for us.

Sun screen & aloe for all

Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)

Beach Towels

bathing suites (x4 for her)

clothes for each day (pj' s) of course a couple extra for spills, etc..

snacks, juice

small toys for in the room/car

beach toys

going to get some lunchmeat, milk and fruits/veggies when we get there (room has a kitchen)

flip flops & a pr of sneakers in case the flip flops rub a blister on her.

a beach hat for her as well as a visor & sun glasses

coloring book/crayons, hand held game, maybe a portable dve player for the 10hr drive (one way)

tylenol for her & us

pool noodle, goggles, fish shaped squirt gun

floats (arm & reg floats for her)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:06 PM

A beach umbrella, or rent one. She should have shade to play in. A blanket to sit on, they make beach blankets that shed the sand-  no sand adheres. A cooler with cold water. For you a beach chair- perching on a blanket isn't as comfortable. Bug repellent, in case there is a pesky fly or bee.

Larsbug
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM

some snacks...sun makes my little guy hungry

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM

A camera.

mommyflyes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM

i go to the beach every wed with my kids.  we have such a blast. 

i bring my umbrella, blanket, a chair for me, towels, extra clothes, extra bathing suit, a cooler full of drinks and snacks, lots of fruit because it is hot out there.  if you have a radio flyer wagon or something throw it all in there and drag it on the beach.

bring hats and sunglasses too. i hate when i forget mine.

also, a current pic of your little one. i can't tell you how many times i have had a mom running around saying have you seen a little girl, wearing a pink bathing suit, or whatever.  most kids are found within 10 minutes but it happens.

newmom_007
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM

A big umbrella , sheet to sit on and a camera.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Everything the other post have said and some water floatation devices if your DD is not good with water.

mzieske
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:53 PM

swim diapers and also I know its a cheat but I bought seashells at walmart and dropped them on the beach lol Good luck and have fun!

bethmoore71
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I suggest several wet washcloths in ziplock bags to wipe off hands & face. Take extra beach towels too.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I think they are call swimmies?  They inflate and fit up the child's arms. They don't interfere with the child splashing about in the shallow surf.

Quoting heidi749:

Everything the other post have said and some water floatation devices if your DD is not good with water.

jeweldog
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM

big blanket to lay on, snacks because playing in the water makes you hungry... lots of water and non-carbonated drinks... camera, umbrella, and maybe a radio.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)