Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your only friends w/ me cuz of my money

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

there are alot more business oriented women today, they make money any way they can , making things or just selling things.hair bows, fairy wings, avon, brown bag, passion party the list goes on & on.... But lately i see a trend. Ive been getting friend request left & right , but not from people who genuinely think im a nice person & want to get to know me, but from people who all they think when they see me is dollar signs. even some of the girls ive met in person, everyone is always trying to get me to buy something. when did trying to make friends become so expensive???

what do u girls think of this

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I haven't observed this on here. We have had "friends" invite us to their place and when  we got there we found it was an Amway party.

mna_823
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I haven't had that happen to me yet.  I guess with those type of businesses that eventually you exhaust certain groups and have to try to expand though.

JustKristy78
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Honestly I hate getting invited to those parties or ppl selling mary kay or avon.  i buy stuff sometimes but i hate feeling i have to do so.  also the tupperware ones or the new candle one scentsy. ugh too much!

xoch86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

it became expensive when  u actually are buying things for these people. i know when i go out with friends, no matter how much money i have, i DO NOT buy anything.

if they asked for me to buy anything, i could

A. stop hanging out with them

B. say no(eventually they will stop hanging out with u, and if thats the case then u really dont need them as friends)

bellaamore
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I think people are animals and sometimes that is more noticeable than others.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I ignore it.

heybooboo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM

we had a neighbor selling candles and when I didn't buy any she went after DH and convinced him I REALLY wanted this one candle and he should get it for me as a surprise because she knows I wont justify the splurge on myself.  

Mind you I am not a fan of scented candles, so when he came home with it I had to LOL and ask him if this was "C"'s idea......

mandalouwhotn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I have not experienced that.  I have amazing friends!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)