Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picnics- what do you take, where do you go?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Where do you usually go for a picnic? Your back yard? :)

What food do you take? Do you carry your food in a cooler or a basket?

Do you take or play games?  How often do you go on picnics?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM

We don't go very often- I'm unenthusiastic about sharing my food with bugs. We did go on a picnic at a flower garden exhibit last Saturday. I made sandwiches and carried them in a cooler. I also had chips and cookies and bottles of water. I brought an old oil-cloth tablecloth that my MIL used for her kitchen table.

SunnyBaby
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

We go to the park, or out in the back yard. We have a patio set for the back yard, but, it's just more fun to pic nic in the grass.

We carry food in a basket, if we are planning on eating it right away, and  a cooler, if we are going to the park, and playing for a while, before eating.

I usually bring chicken wraps, some fruit, pita chips, and lots of water.

We like to throw the football, or nerf ball, but, we don't bring board games. The kids would rather run around, then to sit still, when they are out side.

MY TACO BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!!!

bellaamore
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

We usually picnic in the yeard or at the creek in the woods.

I mostly take things like cheese and cracker, fresh fruits, yogurt and water.

Nope, no games.  And, this is only during the hot weather.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I have an antique picnic basket from my MIL. It is charming, but I don't use it because I'd rather keep the food cold in a cooler.

LoveThemAll4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM

We go to the beach (ocean), park or lake to have a picnic! We bring all different kinds of stuff, if its lunch usually sandwiches, fruit, cookies, pickles, juice or water etc. If its dinner than maybe chicken,home made potatoe salad, watermelon etc. We do a lot of dinners at the local park in the summer just to get the kids worn out before bed:) If we are going for dinner then I don't worry about putting it in a cooler as we go local, but if we are going for lunch at the beach I always put it in our small material made cooler with ice packs!

Please Help my daughter Jasmine hear again by going to: www.jolenesblogrocks.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)