Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bully/teasing question...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, Everyone, it has been a while since I logged onto this group, but I really need your help.  What do you do if your child is getting teased or bullied for height issues while he is at the school?  Do you tell the teacher, and if so, how do you approach it so that he is not interrogated further to get names out of him?  I also want to talk to the Principle, but I am not sure if this is a wise thing to do since I do not want it to backfire.  Anybody who has had any kind of experience with this, please help me.  I am at a loss as to what to do.

Thanking all who help me in advance.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
treysmama06
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM

im not sure ... BUMP

Sandy418
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM

how old is your son?

Krzy4mykids
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM

He will be 10 in August.  When I talked to him further, he told me that they really do not tease or bully him anymore, he says he just gets the feeling that they are talking behind his back due to the way that they act towards him.  I gave the teacher a heads up last night at Open House & she told him to talk to her & they could come up with some strategies on how he should deal with it without getting the other kids names, so now I feel totally better about that.  I hope it works. Believe me, I will be the first to post if it isnt.  Thank you for your reply.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I hope it works for you!

-ashleypuckett
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I WOULD JUST CALL THE SCHOOL AND ASK TO SPEAK TO HIS TEACHER ABOUT IT SO THAT NO ONE KNOWS THAT WAY HE DOES NOT GET TEASED MORE BECAUSE YOU WENT IN THERE AND HE WOULD NOT HAVE TO KNOW EAITHER JUST ASK IF SHE WOULD KEEP AN EYE ON THE SUTUATION! GOOD LUCK!!

kerijeanbean
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I hope that it works for him.  Good luck.

Krzy4mykids
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Thank you, Everyone!

I hope it works out, too!  Yeah, she also said she will keep an eye out for it.  I also told him not to assume that they are always talking about him unless they actually tell him & to hold his head up high since he can not help his height issues & he is taking med for it.  I also told him that he is a really strong person & for whatever reason he is going through this "height issue" & that one day it will be gone.  I am going to keep talking to him about this along with his teacher(s) to make them aware just in case.  My biggest fear is making things harder for him, I just want to make the teacher aware.

Thank you again, Ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)