Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with potty training!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DD is 2.5yo and goes to daycare full time. At daycare she goes on the potty and never wets her pull up. I know she does it because the other girls do it, but how do I get her to go potty at home?!?! She will sit for about a minute then gets up and flushes the toilet and we walk out into the living room and she pees. I try keeping big girl underwear on her at home but im always cleaning up pee and poop, and at daycare she always goes on the potty!!! Any ideas how to get her to go on the potty at home!??!?!?!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
minni1486
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM

BUMP!

Bieg9093
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM

How long is she at daycare?  Is she actually using their potty or is she holding it?  Is she drinking at daycare?

minni1486
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Quoting Bieg9093:

How long is she at daycare?  Is she actually using their potty or is she holding it?  Is she drinking at daycare?

She is at daycare from 6:30am - 4:30pm... She actually uses the potty and goes every 2 hours... she drinks the same every day for the most part.... She just goes potty on the floor at home, but on the potty at daycare!

Bieg9093
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM

"She will sit for about a minute then gets up and flushes the toilet and we walk out into the living room and she pees"

Have you tried making her stay there until she goes?

Coontzwoman
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Sounds like she would be one of those kids you can easily bribe with an m&m or a sticker. Try those. At school the teacher probably has everyone cheer when she uses the potty. Or bribes her there. Find out what they do at school to get her to potty. Then do it at home. Or ask her what she thinks she should get for using the potty at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)