Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? (please at least read and see if you have any advice)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  • 25 Replies

Tomorrow I have an ultrasound, a couple of counties over. It's next to my husband's work, and we're having his friend drive me up and back b/c I don't drive the interstate... 

Kids aren't allowed in there when someone is doing an ultrasound. I have a 2 year old... we will have his friend with us, but I don't want him to be stuck in the waiting room with a screaming child if she gets upset that we left. I have thought about taking my comp, or something, so that she can play on it and keep herself busy, but Idk how it'll work out, really.

So that's one option... take her and risk poor friend being stuck in the waiting room with a screaming 2 year old. 

Option 2 is to leave her with MIL... never an option I'd generally entertain, but she'll be at my SIL's house tomorrow, watching my niece... I know that she won't mind, and I know DD will react well to it. BUT, I don't trust MIL, particularly... she's just... odd. 

Option 3 is having my SIL bring me my niece tonight, and having her there, too. Having my niece there will distract her, and she may not behave (they are trouble together, LOL) but she won't cause a scene.

What would you do?

Austin Levi is on his way!

baby growth

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shoegirl01
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I would say pack up bunch of fun things for your daughter and let her play in the waiting room, or, maybe drop them off for ice cream?  Trust me, she won't be screaming when pigging out on ice cream lol!

dosthepost
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Ooo snacks... I forget about candy, LOL. 

Quoting shoegirl01:

I would say pack up bunch of fun things for your daughter and let her play in the waiting room, or, maybe drop them off for ice cream?  Trust me, she won't be screaming when pigging out on ice cream lol!

baby growth

CafeMom Tickers

dosthepost
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Oh, and there's a downside to leaving her with MIL... I have to tell MIL what's going on. Which is difficult when I don't know myself.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM

#3 would mean your friend would have two young children to watch.

Go ahead and let your MIL watch her. Good luck with your U/S.

onefootcutiepie
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Leave her with MIL. MIL may be odd, but they'd be entertained and safe.  You can get your U/S in peace and not get kicked out for screaming kids (who, by the way, somehow always have a diarrhea accident at the worst times).........don't stress too much about it your DD will be fine.

dosthepost
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM

That's just it, it seems that every time MIL watches my niece, my niece gets hurt... I know kids get hurt and all, but still... seems a bit ridiculous.

Quoting onefootcutiepie:

Leave her with MIL. MIL may be odd, but they'd be entertained and safe.  You can get your U/S in peace and not get kicked out for screaming kids (who, by the way, somehow always have a diarrhea accident at the worst times).........don't stress too much about it your DD will be fine.

baby growth

CafeMom Tickers

onefootcutiepie
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM

No, you don't have to go into detail with MIL, especially since you don't know. I have an.....odd MIL too :). Keep it simple. They have to double check something with the baby and I have to go for a special ultrasound, can you keep DD? Thanks.

rpowers12
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Pack a bag of toys and little snacks maybe some crayons with a coloring book and she should be fine. I am sure if she is having a real issue they will make an exception for her to come back or a nurse will assist. She should be fine. As long as she knows this friend and is ok with her. Maybe there is a resturant close by for ice cream or fries.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Maybe "It's time for another ultrasound" and leave it at that. You MIL may well not know this is an extra.

girllovescamo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Can you send the friend and your daughter to the park or something? That way she'll be having fun and you won't have to worry she's mad causing a sceen..then when ya are done and getting dressed give him a call and have him come back..IDK if this will work but it's an idea...Normally kids just sitting around a waiting room isnt the most enjoyable thing for them to do..Good luck which ever way you decide...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)