Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sooooo scared something is wrong with my baby. :(

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:56 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am 10 weeks pregnant right now. This is my 3rd pregnancy.
Heres some back story...
My first Pregnancy: I was sick CONSTANTLY!! I never gained a pound, I actually lost weight. I never thought anything was wrong with my baby, but their was. He ended up having a very deadly form of Brittle Bone disease. His name was Noah, and He was stillborn at 29 weeks. :( After that DH and I got genetic counciling and they said that we have NO traces of Ostiogentisis Imperfecta in our genes and it was just a 1 in a million thing. They said that there is a 1-3% chance of it happening again.
My 2nd Pregnancy: My 2nd pregnancy was PERFECT. I never got sick, some days I would feel a little quieezy, but NEVER got sick once. I gained wayy too much weight, lol. I worried myself sick up until my 15 week ultrasound when they told me that everything was okay with this baby and she was healthy. & now I have a beautiful baby girl... She is 22 months old now.
This Pregnancy: I AM SICK CONSTANTLY!! again. Which is what scares me. & I am 10 weeks and I havent gained (or lost) a pound. I feel bloated but I dont have a bump yet. (Im over weight so that could have something to do with it....) but my pants are starting to not fit, not ready to break out the maternity pants just yet though.

I am sooooooooo scared that something is wrong with my baby because I feel almost the same as I did at the begining of my 1st pregnancy. I wont have my level 2 ultrasound til May 21st and I am freaking out!
Am I worrying too much? What do yall think? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Any advice would be great. I am so scared.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Try not to worry. That won't help. Every preg is diff. I was so sick with my second and this preg. Wasn't at all with 1st or 3rd. I havn't gained even 2 pounds yet and I am 17 weeks preggo and I have has 4 losses. Keep positive thoughts and put trust in good ultrasounds. Please keep us posted. Good luck hun.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM

i would talk to your dr and see if they can give you some anti nausea medicine, that should help, i had the same problem with my first

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Probably another Boy!!! Each pregnancy is different

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM

both of my pregnancies were very different....Try not to stress its not good for you or baby!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts... Keep us updated on how things are going!!!!hugs

I wouldn't worry too much. I just now started to gain some weight and I will be 20 weeks tomorrow. I was WAY sick with my son and he was healthy. Not sick at all with my daughter and she was healthy. Sick for about 3 weeks with this one and I worry constantly about this one. I knew a lot less 10 years ago when I had my daughter. You know the saying...Ignorance (sp?) is bliss. Try not to stress out over it.

Every child is different. I didn't gain a pound with my child until the 7th month and she is fine. As long as the doc thinks everything is ok, then it probably is. :) Congrats on your third!!!

by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Well the only thing you can do is try to relax.  I know it's hard since you won't know for a few weeks if the baby's okay.  The only thing I can relate to is being sick throughout both my pregnancies but my babies were fine.  With my 1st I lost 10lbs which I gained back.  With my second I lost 9lbs which I gained back plus 4 more pounds, but by the time I had him I'd lost them so I weighed the same as when I got pregnant.  I'm sure everything will be fine since both of you were tested.  My doctor always told me that being sick was actually a good sign although it didn't feel that way. :)

by Barb on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM

No wonder you are worried. I would be too in the same circumstances because you are thinking that similar experience in the pregnancy may mean the same outcome. It is very unlikely that this child has the same disease that little Noah had. VERY unlikely. Please express your fears to your doctor, even if you need to make an extra appointment just for the sake of reassurance. Do a lot of relaxing breaths-  Breath in energy, exhale tension- slowly. Think hopeful and positive thoughts. Relax- I know this has to be difficult, but it would be better for you than being in continual tension. Please keep us updated on how you are doing?

by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM

oh & yes both of mine were boys.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM

At ten weeks, there's no way to know, and freaking out can only hurt you. So just breath, relax, and be patient. Sickness during pregnancy is in NO way an indicator of anything bad. I was sick for the entire 9 months with my DD, and she is perfect in every way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)