Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

Who else has the Mirena Implant? What problems do you have with it? Have any of you gotten pregnant on it?

Ive had mine for 18 months maybe less I think, anyways my periods are retarded and I always have pregnancy symptoms. So if I do get pregnant. I will never know untill the baby probably misscarries. I love the mirena though, not having to worry about pregnancy, I just dont like the symptoms. Anyways just wanted to see what everyone else thought of it.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_girl07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I love mine. ive had it for almost a yr and i had periods for about 6 months and havent seen one since. In the beginning I did have some pregnancy symptoms but I wasnt pregnant. Now Im back to normal, the only real side effect Im having is not losing weight but in its defense Im not exactly working too hard at losing either but before I was on it I was losing weight jsut by walking and stuff but now its not coming off.

TristensMama06
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:42 PM

IDK about Mirena, but I have Implanon. I had to switch from the Depo shot b/c I'm allergic to some kind of ingredient in the serum. Luckily it's the same hormone though, progesterone, so I get the same benefits....only about 4 light periods a year! WOOHOO!!! And the implant is good for 3 yrs.

Photobucket

Coontzwoman
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Ya I stopped periods too at 6 months. Then got them back around 9 months. Then they would go away 2 months then come back for 2 weeks and so on. Ive recently havent had a period since January and sometimes have pregnancy symptoms but at this point I could care less to check ive had too many false alarms.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM

The period problems are caused by the hormones.  If you love the idea of an IUD and its freedom but hate the worry of pregnancy and weird periods why not Para-Guard??  I have always used IUD's for over 20 years and loved them BECAUSE I don't want any hormones messing with me.  So I don't really even get the point of Mirena personally

Tranla
by Elisabeth on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I had constant bleeding at first. BUT I was still having post-pregnancy bleeding before it was put in and the bleeding went away after I weaned, so I probably would have had the same problem without it in.  I love not having to worry about another unplanned pregnancy.  My daughter was conceived on the pill, most likely from forgotten doses.  I want to plan the next one for when this one's out of diapers.

CafeMom Tickers
kameronsmommy08
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I had it 18 months, it grew into the tissue linning of my uterus and I am now pregnant.

Abutcher
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I had Mirena for a year and half. No periods from the time it was placed. Right after the half mark I started having Left Ovary Pain. Come to find out I had 3 big cysts and they needed to be removed. They were removed and I was find for about 3 1/2 months then the pain came back and I felt I had more cyst but on my right side now. They did find a few small cyst's on my right ovary but nothing serious. I decided to get the IUD removed- I truly believe the IUD caused my cyst's jsut like the disclaimer says. I don't have a history, nore does any of my family members. Iam like clock work with my periods every 28 days 5 to7 days and if it don't  come IAM PREGNANT- lol. So I think the IUD stopping my period completely really messed me up. That is my opinion, even knoe the Dr said the IUD didn't cause my cyst. Hmmm? But it's almost impossible to get pregnant on the IUD unless it is placed wrong..I was told by my OB that if you get pregnant the pregnancy will not be viable after 8 weeks. Other then that problem I loved the Mirena and I would probably try it again if I was planning to have another child, but Iam 5 months pregnant with #4 and that is the last...Iam getting tied/burnt whatever you wanna call it! Good Luck :)

Coontzwoman
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Isnt the paraguard where u have to insert something every month or so? I needed the mirena so I wouldnt forget, its how baby 1 and 2 came lol. We dont want another child, but we dont want to get "fixed" lol. I like the mirena and all, I just dont want to somehow get pregnant because of the risks to you and the baby. Other than that i like it.

shoegirl01
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I have no periods and the stupid pregnancy symptoms...  Like phantom kicks, my boobs have hurt for 3 weeks now, I hate it but love that I never have to worry!  But I'm getting mine out this summer.  I'm so tired of feeling this way!

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Quoting Coontzwoman:

Isnt the paraguard where u have to insert something every month or so? I needed the mirena so I wouldnt forget, its how baby 1 and 2 came lol. We dont want another child, but we dont want to get "fixed" lol. I like the mirena and all, I just dont want to somehow get pregnant because of the risks to you and the baby. Other than that i like it.NO para guard is an IUD except unlike Mirena it doesn't have hormones to cause all those issues.  Mirena is the first IUD to add hormones.  As I said I do not get the point except some women want less periods.  I have used IUDs for over 20 years with NO issues.  You couldn't pay me to use Mirena. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)