• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bra Advice

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM
  • 13 Replies

We went shopping today for bride's maid dresses for my sister's wedding.  She chose really pretty dresses for us.  They are strapless.  The problem is that I have NO boobs.  I'm lucky to fit in an A cup.  I don't fill out the dress so it looks really bad on me.  I went to Victoria Secret (and measured as a 34B for their bras) but got over whelmed and left with nothing.  So my question is...what is a good bra?  I want something that will fill out my dress and/or give me a little cleavage.  I want to go bra shopping and this time I'm taking the dress with me but I have no clue where to start.

HELP!!!!

simple frown

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EbonySnow
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:22 AM

i wish i knew I have the same problem, no boobs. so heres a bump for you

BaileynMe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Get a corset bra. It's what I wore under my strapless wedding dress. They're really supportive, and you can usually find ones that have a little padding or pushup. Try department stores like JC Penney; ask a sales associate. You can find them at bridal stores, too; I got mine at David's Bridal, and it ran around $70 there (worth it, IMO.) The padding'll make you look like you have boobs, and will offer good support too. 

Or try something like this

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GN-259369&page=1&cgname=OSBRPSTPZZZ&rfnbr=5315

Debbieplus1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I too am small chested, but this is the best bra i have ever found that gives you awesome cleavage! idk if you have a hustler hollywood near you/.. if not you can order online. its a great bra. 

http://www.hustlerhollywood.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=281&products_id=6

EdgeOfSanity
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:42 AM

I know it can be frustrating, but go back to Vicky's. They're a bit spendy, but I believe they have a bra that is versatile...switches from strapless to regular to razorback.

moomyofZoey
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:45 AM

i have never wore one but you should try a bra that has water in it. it will give you a lift and help you feel you out the dress alittle better. hope this helps. good luck.

elleinad
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:56 AM

The VS biofit is hands down the most amazing bra on the planet. Get a strapless convertible, and you will NOT regret it. I am very small, and it's my favorite favorite favorite bra. Other options are the very sexy covertible, but it's got a lot of push and pad, which I don't like for every day.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Try a courset they have shap and you will not feel like you are falling out. I got mine from the bridal resale shop because they are pricey. Most times they have been worn once. Or those stick on pad things. Not all bras work on everyone. I went to Victoria Secret and only 1 bras fit my body right. Hardest shopping is bra shopping.

praisinghim2day
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM

"Miraculous" bra at Victoria's Secret.  Adds 2 cup sizes!  I can't wear 'em (I'm a D cup and DDD looks REDICULOUS on me lol)  They're something else!!! :)

praisinghim2day
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Quoting praisinghim2day:

"Miraculous" bra at Victoria's Secret.  Adds 2 cup sizes!  I can't wear 'em (I'm a D cup and DDD looks REDICULOUS on me lol)  They're something else!!! :)

ohhhh, don't know if they come in strapless or not... but maybe if you put it on the tightest hook, you could tuck the straps under????  I've actually had to do that before ... worked like a charm :)

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

elleinad
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Those look ridiculous. They look like someone has stuffed balloons in their bra, and the "thump" sound they make when they hit the floor ruins any sexual mood...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)