Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is an ipod touch

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:30 AM
  • 6 Replies

Can someone please explain to me what an ipod touch is. How is it different than an MP3 player? Can you access the internet from them?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
unspecified42
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Very different. They are MP3 players but also little mobile computers. You can access any wireless connection from them and surf the web, or use one of the hundreds (thousands? I don't know) of applications. Anything from medical dictionaries to games.

modelmom04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:49 AM

The Ipod Touch is just like an IPhone except you can't make calls on it.  You can access the internet, download all the apps like the Iphone and of course download music.

Karebear6101
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Thanks for the info. I keep seeing these in the store advertisements for mothers day gift ideas and wondered what it was. Sounds pretty nice! Do you have one? Are they worth the money? They are pretty expensive.

Quoting unspecified42:

Very different. They are MP3 players but also little mobile computers. You can access any wireless connection from them and surf the web, or use one of the hundreds (thousands? I don't know) of applications. Anything from medical dictionaries to games.

modelmom04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I have one and really like it.  My kids really enjoy it too since there are games and things to play on there.  If you are going to use the internet on it you have to have WIFI access if you are out and about, but that is the only thing we don't like about it. 

Quoting Karebear6101:

Thanks for the info. I keep seeing these in the store advertisements for mothers day gift ideas and wondered what it was. Sounds pretty nice! Do you have one? Are they worth the money? They are pretty expensive.

Quoting unspecified42:

Karebear6101
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Is it hard to get the Wifi access? It sounds pretty neat! I think it would be cool to have one.

Quoting modelmom04:

I have one and really like it.  My kids really enjoy it too since there are games and things to play on there.  If you are going to use the internet on it you have to have WIFI access if you are out and about, but that is the only thing we don't like about it. 

Quoting Karebear6101:

Quoting unspecified42:

modelmom04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Well if you go places like a coffee shop or to a restaraunt then you will have interent access.  YOu have to be able to access an interenet network for it to work.  So if you are in a store or someplace that does not have the WIfi then you will not be able to use the internet.  I thought my husband was crazy for getting one, but I think I have it now more than him.  lOl I take it everywhere I go so if I get bored or need to keep my 3 yr old entertained I have it. 

Quoting Karebear6101:

Is it hard to get the Wifi access? It sounds pretty neat! I think it would be cool to have one.

Quoting modelmom04:

Quoting Karebear6101:

Quoting unspecified42:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)