• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What time is a good time?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

To have your kids come inside for the day? My LOVES to be outside but he gets super upset when i made him come in. He is 2 and i set a rule that we are done outside for the day at 7pm. Time to come in a take baths and relax. He hasnt had a problem going to bed in sooo long since i set this rule. Well yesterday my boyfriends parents were over and playing with the kids. my daughter is 9 months, she was inside. My son was running and running and wrestling just playing so hard he didnt want to come in for dinner. The grandparents left about 8:15 and my son was so over tired, wouldnt eat dinner, screamed like crazy and didnt want me to put him to bed, he wanted to sleep on the couch with me. He hasnt done this in weeks! So im wondering what your cut off time is for outdoor play and am i wrong for making it 7pm in my house?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bmat
by Barb on May. 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM

What works for your family is what you should do, and since 7 works, then this is what you should do.  We usually went until dusk.

mama_girl07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM

ours is before dinner. We eat around 5:45 and then bath is aftger so we usually come in around 5 so that I can cook. When we have a house it will be when dinner is ready.

3jaysmama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Around 7 or 7:30ish is the time I ahve the kids come in.  I think that whatever time works for you guys is fine.  It sounds like the 8:15 was a little late for him so I would stick to the 7.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Dinner or at dark.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)