• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He doesn't ever want to sleep!! :'(

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have no clue why he isn't sleeping!!  my son is going to be 22 months on the 11th... i have tried putting him down every time he rubs an eye but he will nap for only 30 mins and wakes up wide awake...usually all together he gets about 2hours of naps a day...then he goes to bed at 8....he used to sleep through till 7am but now he is waking up at 1-3 wanting to play but luckily i get him back down and then he wakes up at 6 the latest....yesterday my dad watched him and he didn't nap at all and he still woke up in the middle of the night and woke up at 630.....I want to cry that he isn't sleeping...any ideas!!?

crying

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
8firsttimemom8
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM

bump....:(

Ljensen09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM

i have no advice, my son was always a good sleeper and still is and hes 2 but my 10 month old daughter does THE SAME EXACT THING and it drives me nuts. I dont understand how she can go and go and then sleep so crappy lol im sorry so heres a bump

MomofVictor
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I have no advice for you but I am bumping because I have a 2 year old that does almost the same thing...he DOES NOT take a nap AT ALL during the day. He will go to sleep by 9pm and he wakes up a couple times a night (just till Iput him back in his bed then he is asleep again) and wakes up by 7am every morning.

Autumnmom24
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I have no advice! i only have an 8 month old who likes to fight sleep, any ideas for me on how to get her to sleep? I dont like the CIO method and sometimes thats the only thing i can do to get her to sleep, and i really hate it, and would like other options!

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Mine did that when teething. Also about that time mine went from two naps to one. Once they did not sleep a full 1 1/2 at the first nap it was time. He may need one 2 hour nap after lunch at 11:30 or so. A schedule also becomes kinda necessary around that age. Not that the schedule can not be bent on occasion, but is helpful. If he is teething, some Motrin or Tylenol before bed may help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)