Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Johnson and Johnson products, 2nd post, new bad products!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:05 AM
  • 45 Replies

So, a month ago I posted about J&J bath products, being bad, harmful, okayed, but stuff we shouldn't use.

Now, we have a recall of all baby OTC products, how horrible is this!!!  What are we to do, who and how do we trust this company!  They make stuff, we use, and then they come out and tell us it is harmful, made wrong, and could harm out kids when we are using it thinking we are safe.  This is wrong..

Johnson and Johnson needs to go away!  We need stronger quality control, FDA guidelines and rules...

Do we get our money back for all these products we use and are harming ourselves or our kids health?  Someone must stand up....

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM

What J&J products have been recalled?

mizkayla_06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM

BUMP!

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Where did you find this information?  You should post an official link.

army_wife_06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I think she is talking about the medicine recall. Which, btw, was a voluntary recall. No children have been harmed. http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

MaddiesMama09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I have not heard of Johnson & Johnson having a recall.  If you aren't referring the above mentioned medicine recall, you need to provide a link of whatever recall you are talking about.  Its hard to take you seriously if you have no documentation of the supposed recall.

Joyful6and12
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I hate it when a post grabs your attention, but lacks details.  Please edit your post with a link or specific product names/types. 

mamakenzi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM

this...

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

I have not heard of Johnson & Johnson having a recall.  If you aren't referring the above mentioned medicine recall, you need to provide a link of whatever recall you are talking about.  Its hard to take you seriously if you have no documentation of the supposed recall.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

dosthepost
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:45 AM

ITA. They recalled over something that may or may not be a problem. Gotta say, though... tylenol and bath products fall under two totally different categories.

Quoting mamakenzi:

this...

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

Austin Levi is on his way!

baby growth

CafeMom Tickers

Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I don't use J&J. Someone on here told me they were harsh for the skin when I was asking why my daughter was itching her stomach in the bath. We use Huggies brand.

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM

There are lots of other products out there. They're made by smaller companies who do actually have your best interest in mind.

Hylands, Kids 0-9 etc. have homeopathic remedies for kids. Teething, coughs, colds...

As for bathing products and lotions, it's just as easy ( and way healthier) to use things around your house. Extra virgin coconut or olive oil for skin, baking soda mixed with citric acid and essential oils for fun bath bombs, oatmeal baths for irritated skin...

Diapers: Pampers is under fire right now for all of those chemical burns, but ALL disposable diapers have chemicals that have health risks. Cloth diapering, or buying diapers made without these chemicals are two easy options. Diaper rashes are usually just what they sound like... caused by the diaper. I can honestly say that neither of my kids has ever had a diaper rash.

Yes, someone should stand up and do something... but the fact is that it's such a huge company and things slip by even the strictest guidelines. It's up to us as parents to find products that we're comfortable with... and nothing from J&J is anything I would ever be comfortable with.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)