Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice about three girls and attitudes

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

There are three girls (youngest 6, oldest 9) in my neighborhood, they ask to play together.  However, when they get together, one takes the lead, the second one follows and the third gets left out.  So, the one that feels left out crys and tells on the other girls parents.  I try to get them to play things they can all be involved in.  Doesn't work! I try splitting them up to play on their own.  Doesn't work!  I get involved with their play, it doesn't work!   I talk with them about how no one should feel left out.  Finally, I take my daughter home, she complains and wants to play more.  My daughter is the one that gets left out. 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I am all for letting kids work those type of things out on their own. Your dd still wants to play, so it is not forced on her. The only suggestion I can give is practice conversation and play with her. Build her playing skills at home and she may be more able to keep up with the other girls. You never mentioned why she gets left out. Does she try to get them to play her games and they do not want to? That might be a benefit in how you can help her with playing skills. Or you could help her come up with an activity they will all enjoy and the others would be willing to play. Also could be an age barrier.

AudrasMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:27 PM

My oldest was like that.  My little sister, the neighbor girl and my oldest would play together and mine would always get left out.  She would cry as well and I would tell her that we could go inside and play or do something else.  She never wanted to.  She would just follow my sister and the little girl in hopes they would play with her.  I finally had to tell her that if she didn't want to listen to what I was trying to tell her, I didn't want to hear her cry and whine about it.  I couldn't MAKE the other kids play with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)