Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you keep things from ex's?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you keep things from past relationships? Like in your house displayed? Or do you think that's rediculous and just like obsessing over the past and not letting someone go?

(Totally random question, honestly not aimed at me or my hubby, hehehe)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamakenzi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:55 PM

It depends on the item, if I enjoy the item/product then I keep it, not because someone gave it to me.  I have a Christmas decoration that my daughter's grandmother gave to me when I was 19, I like it and I use it every year not because she gave it to me.

misskatrinax0x
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:07 PM

depends on the past and the items. i really don't have anything from past relationships. i have a promise ring from my son's dad, we haven't been together for over 2 and a half years almost. i rededicated to myself about promising myself that i would be the best mom i could be to my son. so i dont look at it and think of my ex and i dont wear it anymore that i'm engaged, one, it doesnt really fit and two my fiance got me a promise ring. i have pictures but that's about it.

strongerthanB4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I keep ALL jewelry, but I do not wear it. Everything else has been tossed or burned.

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM

lol I have a couple pairs of earrings an ex bought me and a pair of sweatpants I love that belonged to an ex. But I think that's it.

hedtrippe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

LOL yeah I have t shirts and shorts and dh will even ware them sometimes(he has no clue)but they are comfy

Double.L
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I have some prom pictures, its more about having my prom pictures than pictures of him though. I will admit I did keep this drawing an ex made me because I really liked it but one day I threw it out because every time I saw it in my scrap booking box It made me think of him and I wouldn't like it my husband was hiding something.

dosthepost
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I don't... I had two other serious relationships before DH. One was with an amazing guy, just bad timing... age difference, etc. I have only ever loved my DH, but I got close to loving this other guy. He's happily married, we're still friends... he's my DH's friend. My other was an abusive asshole who's life I don't care to know about, and I don't care to remember. 

My husband and I are WAY too happy to keep stuff around from the past. I understand a picture or something, but anything more, to me, seems a little inconsiderate to your present relationship. Don't take that offensively, it's just how I feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)